Spatial Awareness

I have a major problem with spatial awareness and would probably have a better Maths grade and IQ if I didn't. So when a teacher allowed a student to take the silicon dioxide model apart I wasn't pleased. Got the picture and have tried several times to put back together then got bored, tried to get my grandkids to do it but they wouldn't.

This model has now been ordered by several Chemistry teachers non of whom have noticed the model is not quite correct. :laughing:

I have a major problem with spatial awareness and would probably have a better Maths grade and IQ if I didn't. So when a teacher allowed a student to take the silicon dioxide model apart I wasn't pleased. Got the picture and have tried several times to put back together then got bored, tried to get my grandkids to do it but they wouldn't.

This model has now been ordered by several Chemistry teachers non of whom have noticed the model is not quite correct. :laughing:
I understand your pain...live in dread of being presented with models

Oh no! Can't imagine how much of a pain that must be :(

Put it together best you can, then when it is returned after the next person uses it, accuse them of wrecking it and tell them to put it back together ;)

Honestly I'm quite the opposite, I seem to have a knack for recognising what things are off, I can't even think of how many times I've been able to rehome loose screws with their original equipment just because of size, shape, colour etc.

I think this is the hardest model to build. It took the combined brain power of two technicians here to get it right.

I love building molymods, I'll happily spend a lunchtime putting the diamond / buckyball / nanotube back together after year 11 have been fiddling with them (I'm weird, I know !)
I probably would too if I had an assistant to keep up with the deliveries I'd miss. But i don't. So at the moment it's one more hassle on the pile.

I probably would too if I had an assistant to keep up with the deliveries I'd miss. But i don't. So at the moment it's one more hassle on the pile.
I think I'm missing something, I can't see what difference having or not having an assistant makes to what I do during my (unpaid, so can't be expected to work during it) lunch break. But anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread.

Well, in the official lunch break, I'm busy moving equipment around. In my actual lunch break, I'm eating (I'm diabetic so I can't afford not to), which is often interrupted by people calling me and asking for stationery or some such. Teachers assume I break at the same time as them and often don't realise I've been running around with their requests all dinner.

Well, in the official lunch break, I'm busy moving equipment around. In my actual lunch break, I'm eating (I'm diabetic so I can't afford not to), which is often interrupted by people calling me and asking for stationery or some such. Teachers assume I break at the same time as them and often don't realise I've been running around with their requests all dinner.
it's amazing how many teachers are living brain donors - none in my school though. :mute:

Fair enough, I have an hour's unpaid lunch break (because they neeeed me around for an hour before and after school, but are too cheap to actually pay me for all that time :rolleyes:) during which I refuse to do any work - so plenty of time for playing with models :)

I'd let them know when your lunch break is, not saying that'll change everything but it's helped me :)

They still "forget". When I was a lone IT tech I used to go to the shop for a sandwich - it was amazing how often the queue was really really really long.....
Oh for sure but I keep reinforcing with "you do know I'm on my lunch break" whenever people come in asking for anything and it has got a lot better! :laughing:

Back