You ever been sent home sick?

Jimbob, Sod the electrolysis. Let the teacher return it to the prep room. Go Home and rest.
on the point my school would only send you home if you were in a coffin. I am an adult and can make a decision as to whether I should be there so I TELL them I am going home. Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

I have. HoD came in to find me lying on the floor with a dislocated knee. I snapped it back in, pulled myself into a seat. The swines sent me to hospital them home. I call that unsporting. I was in next day with a brace.

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
I would of gone home or got someone to take me home.

Never been sent home due to illness, but when I had a tough break up (long term relationship with wedding booked) I tried to come in but I couldn't cope so was allowed to go home.

Other times I have dragged myself in when I shouldn't of come back in

Sent home? No. But I know when I'm not well, and will go home if I'm feeling ill. I used to try to tough it out in my old job at my local cinema, but one day I was really bad and spent a good hour of a 7 hour shift running the loo (spread over 7 trips). The manager took me to the side at the end of my shift and said to me "Next time you're sick, just don't come in. I'd rather be a man down than pay a full day's pay for half a days work." He was a condescending swine, and so I don't 'do people favours' or try to 'soldier on' any more. Stuff 'em. I'll look after me.
If we work until 12 it's counted as half day sick. Although I once had to go at 2;30 & was docked half day pay....for 1 & half hours! Mean.

Well it depends, but your line manager who should inform whoever else needs to know
We have to inform HoD then HR who then says we have to go to front of school to sign out. Not ideal when it's so far away & you are feeling decidedly grim & have to fight your way through kids, then back again to get out. Blooming jobsworths.

Go Home self care !!!!
Your place of work, will replace you a lot easier than your family ever could

I've been informed I had to have a meeting before I am allowed to go home with the principal?

So I am going to be spewing ones guts etc whilst waiting to see the busiest person in the school?

I also have different managers depending on what the issue is.

School management systems are a bit silly aren't they?

I've been informed I had to have a meeting before I am allowed to go home with the principal?

So I am going to be spewing ones guts etc whilst waiting to see the busiest person in the school?

I also have different managers depending on what the issue is.

School management systems are a bit silly aren't they?
I agree school management systems are silly but there is clearly more to this if the head wants to meet with you personally before going home...

Thats when you call the head and say "Look, if you'd like me to blow chunks in your office, that's fine...but I think it's safer if we do this over the phone."

I once was due a disciplinary hearing with the IT director and refused to go. Repeatedly. Got referred to the head. "Why won't you go?"

"I have a chest infection. That funkwit has cancer, and has just undergone radiotherapy and major surgery, and has no immune system Would you LIKE me to kill him?"

"Good point."

Exactly, can you imagine chasing her around with a sick bowl in my hand?
It's a crazy policy because it implies total lack of trust in staff. It's demoralizing and patronizing to demand a meeting to just check if you're telling the truth. Even if you aren't, what can she do? Unless she can prove you're fibbing, she can't say no to you going home unless she is cruising for a lawsuit.

I have not been sent home from a tech job but I have been sent home from another.

But as others have said you should look after yourself first, so go home and come back when you are feeling like you can handle it. Just dont use me as an example, I have come in before with a temp of 40 and not gone home. It takes a lot to make me stop, the next morning my wife told me I have to stay home in bed so I finally called in sick and gave in.

It's a crazy policy because it implies total lack of trust in staff. It's demoralizing and patronizing to demand a meeting to just check if you're telling the truth. Even if you aren't, what can she do? Unless she can prove you're fibbing, she can't say no to you going home unless she is cruising for a lawsuit.
Exactly! It is a bit of a joke. TBH next time I will just phone in sick...