year 6 transition days

I would suggest that depends on how your feeders organised themselves
Some primary schools did year groups as a bubble like my daughters school so both classes in an age bracket were one bubble
Some did each class as a bubble and some just didn't do them

What I can say with fair certainty is it would be a nightmare of contact tracing if you tried to treat all year 6 students as one bubble regardless of which feeder they attend :oops:
that's okay, the head will be responsible for the contact tracing anyway.

We've heard this morning that our transition week has now been cancelled...... apparently the teacher co-ordinating it for science now has to plan 4 thrilling virtual/remote lessons, using only resources that are available at the primary schools.... this after spending a lot of hours planning the stuff they were going to do here which can't now go ahead... she's not happy.... but at least we've not got loads of Y6 wandering around site here for a week..... :rolleyes: No idea why this decision couldn't have been made weeks ago. :confused:

Carol Taylor

Footsore
Furst week of the summer holidays we are having our year 6s in for a "summer school". I dont think SLT have thought about practical's properly as they want quite a lot! Would each feeder school be classed as a bubble, or each group of 14 children or the entire year 6?
Our summer catch up is running for 3 weeks. I have printed the science booklet so I know what to leave them, but as I will have retired they'll have to put it away themselves. The powers that be forgot that the sports facilities are rented out to a summer camp over the holidays and that massive building/renovation projects will be going on. Teachers are getting paid £200 per day but support staff/ TAs are getting £100 per day. The teachers were shocked to discover the disparity.

Our summer catch up is running for 3 weeks. I have printed the science booklet so I know what to leave them, but as I will have retired they'll have to put it away themselves. The powers that be forgot that the sports facilities are rented out to a summer camp over the holidays and that massive building/renovation projects will be going on. Teachers are getting paid £200 per day but support staff/ TAs are getting £100 per day. The teachers were shocked to discover the disparity.
Teachers here getting about £25 per hour (after tax) for summer school, support staff get nothing........ as we're classed as full time.... Making sure I'm not available for those weeks, will be "away" - it's taking the p155.... :mad:

Teachers here getting about £25 per hour (after tax) for summer school, support staff get nothing........ as we're classed as full time.... Making sure I'm not available for those weeks, will be "away" - it's taking the p155.... :mad:
That's the reason I'm 'unavailable' during that week at the very least (I make sure the hols are booked), so the teachers don't hear my industrial language when they complain about the work involved in 'summer school'

We have year 6 induction today, just have to wipe some labs down as we have lessons in a few of them before year 6 get to go in them for 35 minutes, then we have to clean again for tomorrow although as far as i can see only 1 lab is being used.

Carol Taylor

Footsore
We have year 6 induction today, just have to wipe some labs down as we have lessons in a few of them before year 6 get to go in them for 35 minutes, then we have to clean again for tomorrow although as far as i can see only 1 lab is being used.
We have pupils from 37 different primary schools so induction day is definitely not on.