year 6 transition days

Our Local Authority took the decision to cancel all the transition day events earlier this week. They were originally planned for 8th and 9th July,

Carol Taylor

Footsore
Does anyone know if these can still go ahead now they've put back so called "Freedom Day"
Ours has just been cancelled. We have about 10 feeder schools and a high number of covid cases in the area. We have more pupils and staff off with positive cases than we had during the proper lockdown.

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
Our place said today we are moving it to September as its too risky with all the staff?pupils and pupils who will attend different schools.

Not sure what we are doing yet, but I will see what CLEAPSS will say nearer the time.

Year 6 induction has been cancelled. Sixth form induction day going ahead for the year 11 students from this school, as they are an existing bubble.

We've been told we are going ahead with our Y11 induction, honestly not sure how covid secure we can make it
We're the same starting tomorrow and cases in my area are on the rise. Seems a shame to risk it. We did a RA but we don't know the students and they'll be mixing.

We did our sixth form induction last week and it was fine. Most of them were year 11s here anyway so they've already been bubbled for most of the year. They stayed in their designated areas and were on a different time table to the other year groups so they didn't mix much.

We did our sixth form induction last week and it was fine. Most of them were year 11s here anyway so they've already been bubbled for most of the year. They stayed in their designated areas and were on a different time table to the other year groups so they didn't mix much.
same with our 11s

Furst week of the summer holidays we are having our year 6s in for a "summer school". I dont think SLT have thought about practical's properly as they want quite a lot! Would each feeder school be classed as a bubble, or each group of 14 children or the entire year 6?

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
Furst week of the summer holidays we are having our year 6s in for a "summer school". I dont think SLT have thought about practical's properly as they want quite a lot! Would each feeder school be classed as a bubble, or each group of 14 children or the entire year 6?
I would suggest that depends on how your feeders organised themselves
Some primary schools did year groups as a bubble like my daughters school so both classes in an age bracket were one bubble
Some did each class as a bubble and some just didn't do them

What I can say with fair certainty is it would be a nightmare of contact tracing if you tried to treat all year 6 students as one bubble regardless of which feeder they attend :oops:

What I can say with fair certainty is it would be a nightmare of contact tracing if you tried to treat all year 6 students as one bubble regardless of which feeder they attend :oops:
That's what we appear to be doing...... We're having an induction week, and they're all going to be one big bubble (of about 350 kids), from multiple feeder schools (7/8, I think, and a few non-feeders too), and will be arranged into the tutor groups that they'll be in in September for their induction lessons - so kids from multiple feeders spending loads of time shut up together in a small space.... Add in the plan for a 2-week summer school for Y6 into the mix and it's a recipe for chaos.... Sharing buses with other year groups too... It's crackers..... :rolleyes:

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
That's what we appear to be doing...... We're having an induction week, and they're all going to be one big bubble (of about 350 kids), from multiple feeder schools (7/8, I think, and a few non-feeders too), and will be arranged into the tutor groups that they'll be in in September for their induction lessons - so kids from multiple feeders spending loads of time shut up together in a small space.... Add in the plan for a 2-week summer school for Y6 into the mix and it's a recipe for chaos.... Sharing buses with other year groups too... It's crackers..... :rolleyes:
:dangerousblue: That's just nucking futz