year 6 transition days

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
If they bubble, limit the rooms used and deep clean before and after I see no reason the year 6's can't just be treated as any other year group bubble

Does anyone know if these can still go ahead now they've put back so called "Freedom Day"
We did ours on zoom.

The dfe email last night said.

Prime Minister Announcement​

The Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, announced today that he was not able to say that we have met all four tests for proceeding with Step 4 and thinks it is sensible to wait just a little longer. This will give time for the vaccination programme to protect people from the virus in light of the new variant. He felt confident we will not need to wait beyond 19 July. The government will monitor the position every day and if, after two weeks, the risk has diminished then Step 4 might proceed sooner.

Please keep your current protective measures in place until there is a further announcement on Step 4 of the roadmap. These measures in education settings will remain in place to help reduce transmission of the virus.

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
The only problem is that we have so many different feeder schools, it would be impossible to do.
Suggest that they could modify the day so that each school is based in the one room all day - I'd assume you have more rooms than feeders

Would mean no practical science/sport etc but at least they'll get something?

Suggest that they could modify the day so that each school is based in the one room all day - I'd assume you have more rooms than feeders

Would mean no practical science/sport etc but at least they'll get something?
If the school was closed to all other pupils then this would be possible but we will be having normal lessons going on at the same time.
I think zoom is the way to go.

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
If the school was closed to all other pupils then this would be possible but we will be having normal lessons going on at the same time.
I think zoom is the way to go.
Oh jeez ok yeah sack it off lol

I assumed you'd use an inset day or something like the majority of the others I've been part of do

We've got a year 5 taster day in a couple of weeks then the year 6 induction the following week. I'm hoping they will get cancelled, but knowing our lot they'll want to go ahead. Year 5 will be easier to keep bubbled, but there's still a high chance of them mixing with other year groups. Year 6 will be much harder as they are immediately put into their year 7 forms on the first day. This means that students from 12 different schools will be put into 9 mixed groups.

We've got a year 5 taster day in a couple of weeks then the year 6 induction the following week. I'm hoping they will get cancelled, but knowing our lot they'll want to go ahead. Year 5 will be easier to keep bubbled, but there's still a high chance of them mixing with other year groups. Year 6 will be much harder as they are immediately put into their year 7 forms on the first day. This means that students from 12 different schools will be put into 9 mixed groups.
:confused:

and todays email said

Transitional and open days​

You should complete thorough risk assessments before running transitional, taster and open days in your setting, to ensure that they are run in line with your system of controls and align with the advice contained within the guidance for your setting and the roadmap out of lockdown.

This means that traditional transitional and open days are unlikely to be feasible this academic year but we are keen not to restrict individual settings from designing events which maintain the integrity of bubbles or consistent groups, and adhere to the system of controls in place.