Working with no students

This week I have had to come into the college with no students, and its so quiet. With the prep done for lessons that didn't go ahead anyway I have been finding myself doing all sorts of useful activities such as, painting one of my rusty trollies giving new homes to things to make prepping run more smoothly and disposing of old equipment. So much work has been done but annoyingly we have been told the building is closing any day now so everyday I have leave everything in position as if I am not returning, its frustrating not knowing if I am working the next day or not.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?

yes, also in a college. Manager trying to get us in 2 days a week to record practicals but SLT not keen and want to furlough us (me and the engineering tech) and so from next week we will be helping with LFT testing, no idea what days we will be working! I only know I'm working from home tomorrow as it's our inset day. Hoping it will be clearer after Monday!

Yes we are all in, catching up with things and being trained in the testing process. We are in for the foreseeable, staying open.

yes, also in a college. Manager trying to get us in 2 days a week to record practicals but SLT not keen and want to furlough us (me and the engineering tech) and so from next week we will be helping with LFT testing, no idea what days we will be working! I only know I'm working from home tomorrow as it's our inset day. Hoping it will be clearer after Monday!
If you're not able to record videos of practicals yourselves, we've brought together recordings of all the required practicals for students in the UK and Ireland: