When's Holidays and What are You Doing

Just curious as I am in Australia and am about to finish term 1. The term started in Feb week 1, then we had Easter, came back for 4 days and now finish today until 19/04/21. I am heading 1500 kms south to see my elderly (96 year old ) mum.

Our holiday started on the 2nd and we'll be back on the 19th, I think some schools broke up the week before, so will be back on the 12th.

I seem to have managed to get myself into working most of this holiday as we're having a refurb and the builders need guidance. Plus I've got health and safety etc to sort but I'm hoping to have the 15th/16th off so I'll have had a nice 4 days off at both the start and end of the holiday!

Two weeks off getting used to my new meds and back yesterday with what I term a 'pleasantly busy' day, that is to say, not overwhelmingly busy but also not boringly empty, just enough to do to keep my brain entertained :p

karen b

COMMITTEE
We get three weeks for Easter, so I am still off work. I have come up to the Lakes with my husband to check over the house he was living in BC. We haven’t been here since the beginning of the year, and were worried about leaving it empty any longer.

We will also fit in a day trip to Wales at the weekend to visit his mum, whom we haven’t seen since July. She would like us to visit for the whole weekend, but fairly sure the rules still prevent us from doing that.

I returned Monday. Not many practicals as everyone seems engrossed with 'assessments' - so I'm catching up on a multitude of paperwork.

While on holiday I did absolutely nothing apart from stocking my Etsy shop and writing - which makes a change from major 'house' things and decorating :)

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
This is my third day back since returning the Easter holidays (We got two weeks) I was mainly resting as I am still getting over my covid vaccine (4 weeks today since I had it) So am having some blood work done soo to find out what's going on.

I am lucky that it isn't too bad this week but did have to sort 57 hearts which isn't great as I am feeling so sick

I returned Monday. Not many practicals as everyone seems engrossed with 'assessments' - so I'm catching up on a multitude of paperwork.

While on holiday I did absolutely nothing apart from stocking my Etsy shop and writing - which makes a change from major 'house' things and decorating :)
What do you sell?

Is that the best place to sell vintage tea and dinner sets (Mother in laws) when I eventually sort them out ?
If they are branded etc then probably yeah. Etsy is generally more for homemade things but antiques do show up there more frequently. Especially memorabilia sort of stuff.

Because its a sale and not an auction however, you would need to work out your pricing. So shifting a large amount might be quicker through Ebay because you can for example put a lot of items in at a starter price then watch the bids fly up if its something valuable :)

If they are branded etc then probably yeah. Etsy is generally more for homemade things but antiques do show up there more frequently. Especially memorabilia sort of stuff.

Because its a sale and not an auction however, you would need to work out your pricing. So shifting a large amount might be quicker through Ebay because you can for example put a lot of items in at a starter price then watch the bids fly up if its something valuable :)
Thank you ,that is a great help.I will probably go for e bay when it is all sorted
Trouble is I have no idea what is of value lol

Thank you ,that is a great help.I will probably go for e bay when it is all sorted
Ah thats understandable! Its hard to tell sometimes.

My first port of call is google, if theres names or brands on the bottom of anything, a quick google will tell you if they are a famous brand or whatever, and when listing to Ebay you can put as much info as possible into the description so people can find it :)

There are plenty of folks who are experts in crockery etc and can give more specific advice, maybe even a rough estimation if you are able to give them an idea of what you have. Depends how much time you have or want to put into it honestly, like if you want the collection to move on to people who will appreciate it or if you just need it shifted out of the way.

Is that the best place to sell vintage tea and dinner sets (Mother in laws) when I eventually sort them out?
As @BioBee said - it depends on how much work you want to put in to you shop. It can be time consuming by the time you research, photograph, describe, market, pack, and post.

Most sellers start with 10 to 20 items, but unless it's unique and handmade - getting your stuff seen takes a little work. On average I sell 3 items a week, but I keep my shop stocked with over 100 - which I also promote on Instagram. You only get out of it what you're prepared to put in.

For a few china sets, I'd do eBay. Find out as much as you can about the manufacturer and put it in the description, plus, see what other similar items are selling for. I see so many pieces at a ridiculously low price because the seller hasn't done their homework.

The mark on the bottom of the china is a good place to start, however, something like Booths 1897 Old Willow - doesn't necessarily mean it was made in 1897! Manufacture marks change over the years, look online to find your exact match using the name. Some china just has a mark, for instance Meissen is crossed swords. Some have no marks at all... and then the fun really starts! :oops:

If it has England this normally indicates a date before 1891, as it changed to Made in England thereafter. Registration diamonds with numbers or Rd followed by a number will give the date of manufacture. Pattern numbers are occasionally present, and if you know the manufacturer, sometimes you can find the pattern.

If you get stuck send me an image of the mark and I'll see if I recognise it.

As @BioBee said - it depends on how much work you want to put in to you shop. It can be time consuming by the time you research, photograph, describe, market, pack, and post.

Most sellers start with 10 to 20 items, but unless it's unique and handmade - getting your stuff seen takes a little work. On average I sell 3 items a week, but I keep my shop stocked with over 100 - which I also promote on Instagram. You only get out of it what you're prepared to put in.

For a few china sets, I'd do eBay. Find out as much as you can about the manufacturer and put it in the description, plus, see what other similar items are selling for. I see so many pieces at a ridiculously low price because the seller hasn't done their homework.

The mark on the bottom of the china is a good place to start, however, something like Booths 1897 Old Willow - doesn't necessarily mean it was made in 1897! Manufacture marks change over the years, look online to find your exact match using the name. Some china just has a mark, for instance Meissen is crossed swords. Some have no marks at all... and then the fun really starts! :oops:

If it has England this normally indicates a date before 1891, as it changed to Made in England thereafter. Registration diamonds with numbers or Rd followed by a number will give the date of manufacture. Pattern numbers are occasionally present, and if you know the manufacturer, sometimes you can find the pattern.

If you get stuck send me an image of the mark and I'll see if I recognise it.
Thank you so much that is really kind