What is Santa bringing you?

I haven't really asked for anything this year other than a camera bag as the new lens I've saved up for is too big for my current bag, d'oh.

We're in the process of moving house so everything is a bit up in the air and Christmas is a bit of an afterthought and presents don't seem as important for some reason, just so much else to think about. But I'm sure we'll have a lovely few days with the family anyway.
ooh, what lens ? I'm trying to decide what to save up for next ! I got a 70-200mm zoom, 1.4x extender and a few other bits earlier this year when the school wound up the photography department and sold all the kit off cheap, and playing with it over lockdown has got me back into photography.

Techitude

COMMITTEE
ooh, what lens ? I'm trying to decide what to save up for next ! I got a 70-200mm zoom, 1.4x extender and a few other bits earlier this year when the school wound up the photography department and sold all the kit off cheap, and playing with it over lockdown has got me back into photography.
It was the 70-200 2.4 nikon

My father wanted a particular book many moons ago (talking the 1970s here) My mother couldn't find it in the local shops but spotted it in the local library so wrapped the library book up in Christmas wrapping paper and gave it to him for Christmas. She told him 'don't get too attached to it, its got to go back to the library in a fortnight!'
We all thought it was hilarious :laughing:

I thought that all the nations had agreed to allow travel for those 5 days to avoid this scenario? Has that changed?
No, it's not changed but it is not logistically possible for me to get to him and spend any meaningful time yet still be at home with my younger child and my mother who is not comfortable travelling and see my partners children all within a 5 day window. We've worked around it by "bubbling" with his household so we are visiting this weekend :D. We are also able to call it "essential travel" as he is moving into a new place and a great chunk of his belongings are at my house!

The 5 day window still only allows for 3 families total to form a bubble
This means that, like me in England and my Mam and 2 brothers in Wales she could only see two of the three of us and if she does they wouldn't be allowed to see their partners parents at all as their bubble can't include them...

Sounds like Rock Chick is in a similar bind - too much of a dispersed family for a 3 household bubble
True

The 'grown-ups' in our family don't tend to get a lot, but I am getting the new Adam lambert/Queen CD.
And a crystal ball, but that's for my photography.
Other than that, looking forward to playing with the grandchildren.
(Oh, and to treat myself, I would REALLY like a Sonic Screwdriver)
(Or a tardis....)

karen b

COMMITTEE
The 'grown-ups' in our family don't tend to get a lot, but I am getting the new Adam lambert/Queen CD.
I forgot this had come out. I was looking for an idea for something for my husband and think he will like this

Reactions: kaj
Where from?
Think the missus would love that if I can get one delivered by next week :)
My BF and I got each other one while we were out shopping over the weekend (he got the kraken) you can get them from quite a few places online they're called kreeptures

And a crystal ball, but that's for my photography.
Other than that, looking forward to playing with the grandchildren.
(Oh, and to treat myself, I would REALLY like a Sonic Screwdriver)
(Or a tardis....)
Hi Kaj, What is the crystal ball lens? Will it fit any SLR camera? Sounds cool gift for my son

:laughing: I brought myself a super bright head torch so I can see what I'm doing when I craft stuff , joy of being a 60's child
Me too, but given to me via my daughter. These days I look on youtube at people like BigClive for recommendations on tech like this.

Being fed up with ones that take 3 AAA batteries that are difficult to change (especially in the dark when you need the torch to see which way round to install them) :mad: , dodgy switches :mad:, or separate battery packs :mad:, I went for a rechargeable one with a sensor setting so you can switch it on by waving a hand in front of it.