What is Santa bringing you?

Looked at my list for Santa on the fridge on Friday after reading this thread. Had to laugh, I asked for a lemon zester ( one of those tiny graters), chocolate & trainer socks! Not exactly high maintenance am I?! :laughing:
My sons say I'm difficult only putting little bits. I asked for a new mascara last year. :rolleyes:
I've asked for a hand held soup blender.

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
Couldn't do without our braun stick blender, use it for smoothies and soups, it also has a food processor attachment and a whisk. Make cookies with the processor (makes flour from oats and blends vegan block, egg, and sugar) also use it to make breadcrumbs from frozen bread
Ended up not using my stick blender post baby food making (magimix does most things).
Its now used at work to get at KCl thats decided to become a solid block....

I'd quite like a little microphone to clip on a flute, probably best choosing one myself though otherwise it could be an expensive mistake.

I've got some Yankee candles put away that I will gift to myself, but other than that I won't get much.
The adults in my family don't do gifts for each other as we're a big family. We do a secret santa for the adults so we only have to buy one gift, then we buy presents for all the kids in the family. It gets far too expensive otherwise.
We have just been told the school is starting the bike 2 work scheme so I may treat myself to a new bike too, but I've got to crunch the numbers and see what I can afford.
We're doing Secret Santa amongst the adults in the family too. It was our daughter's idea, and it's brilliant. Everyone had a form to fill in where they could specify a particular item they want, or else give the option to receive a surprise - all within the pre-agreed budget range. We then put the forms into envelopes, along with a nice tag (all written by the same person so we can't work out from the handwriting who bought the gift), and randomly drew an envelope for everyone. Each person then only has to buy one present for the person in their envelope. It's made the shopping so much easier, and it also means people can get what they want rather than something random (unless they genuinely want random!). We'll definitely do it again :D

I'd like the devolved governments to get their acts together. I'd really like to be able to see my son over Christmas but as he lives in Wales (might as well be the Moon:crying:) this might not be possible. He can travel wherever he likes as long as he doesn't leave the country and we are currently not permitted to cross into Wales. The 5 day window doesn't really help as the rest of the family is in England and I need to be here for them.
I thought that all the nations had agreed to allow travel for those 5 days to avoid this scenario? Has that changed?

The new vivarium for my snake arrived the other day. :) Which is technically his present but also a nice bit of furniture for me to enjoy! Looking forward to building it soon!

For me, I've asked for some books and switch games. Got lots of yummy snacks in too! :)

My flatmate and I have bought a board game between us (a 'present to eachother') that we liked playing at the cafe we used to frequent, so that we can play it in our support bubble. It's called Photosynthesis and is fun to play with three of us (a lot of the games we own are for more players, as pre-'rona we had a regular group of 8+) and very beautiful! Over the course of the game you build a lovely 3D forest. :sun:

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
I thought that all the nations had agreed to allow travel for those 5 days to avoid this scenario? Has that changed?
The 5 day window still only allows for 3 families total to form a bubble
This means that, like me in England and my Mam and 2 brothers in Wales she could only see two of the three of us and if she does they wouldn't be allowed to see their partners parents at all as their bubble can't include them...

Sounds like Rock Chick is in a similar bind - too much of a dispersed family for a 3 household bubble

The 5 day window still only allows for 3 families total to form a bubble
This means that, like me in England and my Mam and 2 brothers in Wales she could only see two of the three of us and if she does they wouldn't be allowed to see their partners parents at all as their bubble can't include them...

Sounds like Rock Chick is in a similar bind - too much of a dispersed family for a 3 household bubble
Aww - it's difficult, isn't it :confused:. Hopefully it's just for this year!

Techitude

COMMITTEE
I haven't really asked for anything this year other than a camera bag as the new lens I've saved up for is too big for my current bag, d'oh.

We're in the process of moving house so everything is a bit up in the air and Christmas is a bit of an afterthought and presents don't seem as important for some reason, just so much else to think about. But I'm sure we'll have a lovely few days with the family anyway.