What is Santa bringing you?

I've been very boring, my request is a floor lamp so I can actually see to read when sat in my lounge chair. I'm hoping for a retro style of some kind.

I would buy a lamp anyway so, as I can't think of anything else I'd like, I might as well.

karen b

COMMITTEE
I've been very boring, my request is a floor lamp so I can actually see to read when sat in my lounge chair. I'm hoping for a retro style of some kind.

I would buy a lamp anyway so, as I can't think of anything else I'd like, I might as well.
Thanks for reminding me. I am having one of these from my husband. In fact it arrived the other week, but is still in its box.

I once got a bucket for Christmas. My mother borrowed mine, broke it, so thought it appropriate to gift me a new one for Christmas. Its kind of started something - I then gave her some sack trucks (that I actually wanted!), so its turned into a bit of a running joke. I should add we also gift each other nice things!!

I'm holding out hope that a significant proportion of people will be vaccinated by Easter and things will be less restrictive, so just sucking it up and dealing with a quiet Christmas. I've waited this long, its just a few more weeks. At least that's what I keep telling myself!

We're having a 'hot and humid' holiday in Darwin. No one goes to Darwin around Christmas as the weather is unbearable - think very tropical 90% humidity, tropical mega storms and 35 C every day! Seriously though we are looking forward to doing all our sightseeing early in the morning then back to the hotel and swimming pool then watching with delight the most vibrant and severe tropical storms in the evening. I can't wait!!

Looked at my list for Santa on the fridge on Friday after reading this thread. Had to laugh, I asked for a lemon zester ( one of those tiny graters), chocolate & trainer socks! Not exactly high maintenance am I?! :laughing:
My sons say I'm difficult only putting little bits. I asked for a new mascara last year. :rolleyes:

Looked at my list for Santa on the fridge on Friday after reading this thread. Had to laugh, I asked for a lemon zester ( one of those tiny graters), chocolate & trainer socks! Not exactly high maintenance am I?! :laughing:
My sons say I'm difficult only putting little bits. I asked for a new mascara last year. :rolleyes:
I'm like that! I just can't ask for big/expensive things! I love a useful present too, last year my family stocked me up on shower gel and I'm only just about to finish my stash up :laughing:

I'm like that! I just can't ask for big/expensive things! I love a useful present too, last year my family stocked me up on shower gel and I'm only just about to finish my stash up :laughing:
We used to buy more expensive stuff for each other but as I retired in September (though not of state or tech pension age yet) funds are a wee bit more limited this year.
I asked for the floor lamp as we would have bought one anyway, if not it would probably have been a book or something similar.

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
We're having a 'hot and humid' holiday in Darwin. No one goes to Darwin around Christmas as the weather is unbearable - think very tropical 90% humidity, tropical mega storms and 35 C every day! Seriously though we are looking forward to doing all our sightseeing early in the morning then back to the hotel and swimming pool then watching with delight the most vibrant and severe tropical storms in the evening. I can't wait!!

Can't believe how beautiful it is! My Aunt lives in Oz and they just got back from seeing my cousin there!