What is Santa bringing you?

With everything going on lets start another light hearted topic! :nerd:

What is on your wishlists this year? Anything in particular you have showed your family or partners with a nudge and a wink? :p

For me, this year of lockdowns etc has reconnected me with old hobbies to pass the time, I've got back into music and railway history so my Santa List consists of a few Irish Railway books and a Melodica. :)

Oh and don't forget to treat yourself! Its been a tough year and a tough term, so treat yourself to that thing you have always wanted but have been putting off! ;)

Might get myself a Crystal Ball to help get through 2021 with a bit of forward planning instead of having to scrabble about day to day by the seat of my pants. :safety:

I got my main Christmas present early when my new gravel bike arrived last week. I'm a keen road cyclist anyway but have wanted the option for a while to do some gentle(ish) offroading (I'm not brave enough to do mountain biking down trails and over jumps but don't mind mud and gravel!) I got rather muddy on Sunday cycling along the banks of the River Severn testing out my new wheels. I intend to invest in some panniers in the future and hopefully organise a bit of bikepacking so I can explore the UK on 2 wheels. My idea of perfect downtime to decompress and escape from everyday stresses.

I've got some Yankee candles put away that I will gift to myself, but other than that I won't get much.
The adults in my family don't do gifts for each other as we're a big family. We do a secret santa for the adults so we only have to buy one gift, then we buy presents for all the kids in the family. It gets far too expensive otherwise.
We have just been told the school is starting the bike 2 work scheme so I may treat myself to a new bike too, but I've got to crunch the numbers and see what I can afford.

paul r

COMMITTEE
New Electric bike that i am using now ! It is fantastic ! You can use in both modes so can use as a normal bike and when I am late change to electric mode ! I have been known to cheat on steep hills :p

I'd like the devolved governments to get their acts together. I'd really like to be able to see my son over Christmas but as he lives in Wales (might as well be the Moon:crying:) this might not be possible. He can travel wherever he likes as long as he doesn't leave the country and we are currently not permitted to cross into Wales. The 5 day window doesn't really help as the rest of the family is in England and I need to be here for them.

labtech666

COMMITTEE
I'd like the devolved governments to get their acts together. I'd really like to be able to see my son over Christmas but as he lives in Wales (might as well be the Moon:crying:) this might not be possible. He can travel wherever he likes as long as he doesn't leave the country and we are currently not permitted to cross into Wales. The 5 day window doesn't really help as the rest of the family is in England and I need to be here for them.
I'm tying myself in knots trying to figure out how to manage christmas to the point where I'm very tempted to not even bother. My husband and I have 3 grown up children between us, all living in their own households, so if we follow the 3 households rule we can't even see all of our children let alone our siblings or parents.

I'm tying myself in knots trying to figure out how to manage christmas to the point where I'm very tempted to not even bother. My husband and I have 3 grown up children between us, all living in their own households, so if we follow the 3 households rule we can't even see all of our children let alone our siblings or parents.
Yep, I'm seriously considering just forgetting it completely. We have 4 children between us (3 living independently and one at university) and at the moment only the youngest will be at home.

karen b

COMMITTEE
Mother in law is in Wales. Since she is 88 we will defend ourselves with saying she needs extra support. One of us will drive there and back in a day to fetch her. We will make sure we limit our trips out to the supermarket and mostly stay indoors or go outside to an uncrowded area

It's all rubbish isn't it. My Mum is on her own and will be 70 a couple of days after Christmas so we'd hoped we could use Christmas rules to celebrate with her. She has been in my bubble since June and lives 2 mins away so I know I'll see her but the rules mean that because I'm one of 4 she can't see all 3 of her other children as that would be 4 households and if we see two of them (I'm not choosing who gets missed) then my husband can't see his folks at all and our kids can't see their other grandparents. We're in a tier 3 area so all a bit pants.:(

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
Thread getting a little less light-hearted!
Will be present handing over only to my parents, but not visiting. Having father-in-law over on the day. Mother-in-law in a care home, so won't want to breach anything there. Quiet Christmas...
On a lighter note, I'm gifting the family (ie me!) a soda stream, to cut down on my copious amounts of diet cokes at work. Hoping to wean me off onto fizzy water, and reduce tin can use (though never without imploding can supply ..)

My perfect christmas.... get up late, go for a ride on my horse (weather permitting) go home, nice hot ,relaxing bath and spend the afternoon watching kids films with a chinese takeaway collected the previous evening and a bottle of rose . Not bothered about prezzies, at my age there is little I need or want

Only myself & my 2 sons this Christmas. I have a few nieces & nephews but never see them at Christmas anyway as they all live quite far away.
Present wise I only get presents from a couple of close friends & my sons so never like to put much on my list for Santa!
I'm always happy just having something to open, that's the best bit for me, so exciting trying to prise open the much taped gifts. My sons like to make things as difficult to open as possible. :laughing:
A love the Lily Flame candles, they smell quite strong, so a couple of those always goes down well.
Raphaello chocolates to line my arteries. And a card with lovely words. We still put bits out for Santa & reindeer...:laughing: I will never stop!

Thread getting a little less light-hearted!
Will be present handing over only to my parents, but not visiting. Having father-in-law over on the day. Mother-in-law in a care home, so won't want to breach anything there. Quiet Christmas...
On a lighter note, I'm gifting the family (ie me!) a soda stream, to cut down on my copious amounts of diet cokes at work. Hoping to wean me off onto fizzy water, and reduce tin can use (though never without imploding can supply ..)
OOh Soda stream good idea! I love fizzy water so that would be great. And/or a teasmade. if they still make them.