Vaccine reaction

Had 1st AZ . really bad chills about 12 hrs later and a headache, Just felt like I had the worst hangover ever next day without the pleasure of an all night party. Had a lump on my arm for two weeks which itched like mad.

I had the Astra on Sunday,

Monday woke up with a headache, feeling groggy and aching, took a couple of Anadin, was fine after a couple of hours, same yesterday just milder, nothing this morning except it felt like I was punched in the arms, as I am a bit needle averse and stiffened slightly when I was injected

Carol Taylor

Footsore
Pfizer, I had 2nd last Friday. Slept all weekend. Injection site sore. I can't tell if I had fevers or not as I often do (possibly due to arthritis flare-ups); that's been fun because it meant lots of testing and remaining at home until we were provided with PCR tests.

Pfizer, I had 2nd last Friday. Slept all weekend. Injection site sore. I can't tell if I had fevers or not as I often do (possibly due to arthritis flare-ups); that's been fun because it meant lots of testing and remaining at home until we were provided with PCR tests.
I find that when I am unwell or run down arthritis is worse. Anything from cold to tum bug seems to affect my back badly too.

I had Astra. First one left me feeling just grotty for a day. Headaches and very tired. I was glad I didn’t have to be in work.

The second one was fine. I went for a run the same day. I had a slightly sore arm the next day.
This was my experience too with the AZ jab

I also have a neurological condition which has flared up, don't know if same cause.
Possibly. One of our techs that worked on vaccines said it's not necessarily the vaccine itself that causes reaction.
From NCBI
"The vaccine components include active immunizing antigens, conjugating agents, preservatives, stabilizers, antimicrobial agents, adjuvants and culture media used in the preparation of the vaccine, as well as inadvertent contaminants that are introduced during vaccine handling (Table 1). Almost all the vaccine components can be considered as potential triggers of an allergic reaction. Of particular importance are culture derived proteins from egg, gelatin and yeast. Other sources of allergic reaction are antibiotics and vaccination antigens."

Apparently it's not only allergic reactions these can cause, but can affect other medical conditions you may have too.

When I am asked about allergies I always mention mine, which seem, to me, totally irrelevant, but as my Doc says, you can never be too careful.
Or as Winnie the Pooh says, " You never can tell with Bees" ( I have bee sting allergy too!) :laughing:

Carol Taylor

Footsore
Possibly. One of our techs that worked on vaccines said it's not necessarily the vaccine itself that causes reaction.
From NCBI
"The vaccine components include active immunizing antigens, conjugating agents, preservatives, stabilizers, antimicrobial agents, adjuvants and culture media used in the preparation of the vaccine, as well as inadvertent contaminants that are introduced during vaccine handling (Table 1). Almost all the vaccine components can be considered as potential triggers of an allergic reaction. Of particular importance are culture derived proteins from egg, gelatin and yeast. Other sources of allergic reaction are antibiotics and vaccination antigens."

Apparently it's not only allergic reactions these can cause, but can affect other medical conditions you may have too.

When I am asked about allergies I always mention mine, which seem, to me, totally irrelevant, but as my Doc says, you can never be too careful.
Or as Winnie the Pooh says, " You never can tell with Bees" ( I have bee sting allergy too!) :laughing:
Me too (wasps really, never had a bee sting only wasp) and nuts.

I had my first jab on Saturday, Pfizer.
Sore arm for about a day and a half and that's that.
If anything I was doing my weekly house cleaning on Sunday with weirdly more energy than usual o_O?

Techitude

COMMITTEE
I've got my first Pfizer jab tomorrow, quietly optimistic after reading all the these replies that perhaps pfizer isnt as bad as AZ

No symptoms as of yet with dose two (which I had yesterday just gone 3)! By now I was really ill with dose 1 so hoping I've avoided side effects this time.

Second AZ dose on Friday night and was absolutely fine - not a side effect in sight thankfully. The lady doing the vaccinations said that side effects are usually less with the second dose ( although I've read the opposite too) I'm just grateful to have had it and it costs us nothing. My son lives in America and although they are also doing brilliantly with their vaccination program ( now that a certain orange-faced idiot has departed) it does cost them on their insurance. Worth every penny or cent though!

Second AZ dose on Friday night and was absolutely fine - not a side effect in sight thankfully. The lady doing the vaccinations said that side effects are usually less with the second dose ( although I've read the opposite too) I'm just grateful to have had it and it costs us nothing. My son lives in America and although they are also doing brilliantly with their vaccination program ( now that a certain orange-faced idiot has departed) it does cost them on their insurance. Worth every penny or cent though!
I believe AZ is more side-effecty on jab 1, Pfizer and similar on jab 2.
And yes, times like these make you very glad to have the NHS!

Carol Taylor

Footsore
What happens with regards to those without medical insurance, I know that there are millions without it.

What happens with regards to those without medical insurance, I know that there are millions without it.
I think there are various things in place for those that aren't insured. Some congressional legislation allows for cheaper vaccines or some clinical trials will offer the vaccine for free. As with all health care Obamacare was put in place for the less well off to have access to medical care. I'm not sure where they are with that as I know Trump wanted to abandon it :rolleyes: It's in the country's own interest to vaccinate everyone regardless of cost but whether that happens or not is anyone's guess. There are many advantages to the American health insurance schemes but it definitely highlights the divide between the haves and have nots :(

A model of one of my photographer friends had the AZ injection a few weeks ago, felt the usual aches and pains but was fine after a few days. Two weeks later she felt really unwell (no previous illness). Tests were done and it was discovered she had high white blood cell count... she died a few days ago aged 39.
Someone in town had AZ a few weeks ago and developed blood clots, they were put on life support. I heard this morning it was switched off... and they opened their eyes! No speech yet as far as I'm aware, but able to communicate... age 50

I've had both AZ jabs and I'm fine, I'm no anti-vaxer - but these incidents have really made me think. Was the injection the culprit, or have these folk have some underlying illness?

Last edited: