Vaccination for those over 56

Got my first one Saturday aged 57 nearly58 here in Wales
Went on the secondary reserve list for cancellation on Thursday call on Friday ,jab Saturday at the same time as my husbands booked one.
Rough 24hrs ,achy felt sick had the shivers and strangely very painful toes which i also had when I was very rough in Feb 2020 just before covid hit,but after the school ski trip came back from Italy! ( fairly sure I had it)
Ok now just tired but i always seem to be these days
Hubby just had a slight headache

Anyone know how we are notified about 2nd jab? Do we have to book it?
Puzzled as I know people who are not on EV list but have had 2nd jab booked or have booked it themselves. I looked at NHS site & it seems it's only pre-bookable for EV group.

Anyone know how we are notified about 2nd jab? Do we have to book it?
Puzzled as I know people who are not on EV list but have had 2nd jab booked or have booked it themselves. I looked at NHS site & it seems it's only pre-bookable for EV group.
Ok, just found out. If you had1st dose before this over 56 group ( not EV but through school etc) the site says you have to contact GP or vaccine centre for 2nd dose appt.

Me too.
Had my first dose yesterday - definitely feeling a bit ropey today. Am pottering around doing those low-key things which need doing at some point, but don't take much brain effort!

I'm due my second jab on Thursday - Pfizer one. (Done early as I'm a NHS bank worker)I know several people who have felt ill after, so I'm preparing myself for this eventuality.

karen b

COMMITTEE
I had my second dose Oxford-AstraZeneca on Sunday. The first dose made me ill the next day, with a headache and flu-like symptoms. This time I am fine, just a vague awareness of the injection site if I thought about it

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
I am 23 and had mine due to health issues.

I was so poorly with mine ( I has az) I was sick, hurting in all my joints and I generally didn't know what to do with myself. Even my mum said if I was that ill with no vaccine - she would of called 999 (I still live at home)

Still not 100% but we think its something else but has got worse since I've had the vaccine, its now given me a massive fear for the 2nd dose :(

I am 23 and had mine due to health issues.

I was so poorly with mine ( I has az) I was sick, hurting in all my joints and I generally didn't know what to do with myself. Even my mum said if I was that ill with no vaccine - she would of called 999 (I still live at home)

Still not 100% but we think its something else but has got worse since I've had the vaccine, its now given me a massive fear for the 2nd dose :(
have you filled in a yellow card?

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
have you filled in a yellow card?
Yeah. I have now been sent for a blood test (waiting on results) to see what is wrong with me as its been going on since I've had the vaccine.

Am struggling as just so tried at the moment :(

I was very achy the day after my second Pfizer jab. It went away quite quickly and I feel much better, but that might just be relief at having done it.

Aged 44 and booked mine this morning :D

I have n**dle phobia, autism and anxiety disorder plus the closest vaccine centre is 40 miles away so should be an interesting appointment on Friday but I'm not letting any of that put me off!

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE

I have n**dle phobia, autism and anxiety disorder plus the closest vaccine centre is 40 miles away so should be an interesting appointment on Friday but I'm not letting any of that put me off!

As a fellow, ASD & Anxiety I am happy to speak to you about the process?

My Nurse was lovely ( I had my hidden disability lanyard on ) and it was all fine. They even allowed me to go when I was ready (My mum was in the car outside as I was concerned about driving)

karen b

COMMITTEE

Do you have someone that could go with you? The centre I volunteer at allows another person to go in for this purpose. The staff in general are also very good at helping people, especially if you feel able to explain how anxious you are. As Shannon mentions, those sunflower lanyards are very useful.

Had mine at my GP surgery. They let me take someone in and had a nurse on standby as I have been known to pass out my phobia is that bad. The vaccinators are used to phobias and are very calm and understanding. I didn't faint but colour drained from me and I felt a bit funny after. The staff were so kind, even offered me a cuppa. You will be fine, the needles used are that fine you don't feel it :D

Thanks all (except Paul, that really doesn't help with the anxiety! :laughing: )

As a fellow, ASD & Anxiety I am happy to speak to you about the process?

My Nurse was lovely ( I had my hidden disability lanyard on ) and it was all fine. They even allowed me to go when I was ready (My mum was in the car outside as I was concerned about driving)

I should be okay, my oldest friend is a nurse and she's been vaccinating folks AND she's told me the name of the lead nurse at the centre I'm going to, and I know ahead of time the questions that get asked so I'm going to write down my answers in case the mutism kicks in (as it does if I'm really stressed!) But thank you so much for the offer xx
I was fine with my flu vaccine last year, didn't even need a second person to hold my arm (sometimes I flail involuntarily but I was able to hold my hand down myself on that occasion so that's what I'm planning to do this time :)

Had my second AZ Friday and other than feeling more tired, haven't had any of the headaches or nausea I had with the first one. Didnt even feel the needle go in this time :)