Vaccination for those over 56

I eventually got myself booked in after trying from Saturday lunch time until 4.10pm Sunday. The site crashed on Saturday evening/Sunday morning! Unlike booking on line for theatre tickets where your booking is held for 10 mins or so for completion, this appears to be fastest finger first! Got through to the final confirmation 14 times to be told one of the appointments not available try again, only to then find all appointments gone. My nearest mass vaccination centre is releasing appointment slots at odd times so had to sit waiting for them to appear. If I could have travelled to the next nearest centre 38 miles away, I think it may have been easier to book as they seem to have availability all the time. Feel better knowing that I'm booked in for one.

I eventually got myself booked in after trying from Saturday lunch time until 4.10pm Sunday. The site crashed on Saturday evening/Sunday morning! Unlike booking on line for theatre tickets where your booking is held for 10 mins or so for completion, this appears to be fastest finger first! Got through to the final confirmation 14 times to be told one of the appointments not available try again, only to then find all appointments gone. My nearest mass vaccination centre is releasing appointment slots at odd times so had to sit waiting for them to appear. If I could have travelled to the next nearest centre 38 miles away, I think it may have been easier to book as they seem to have availability all the time. Feel better knowing that I'm booked in for one.

I've heard from a few people that they had similar issues with the website particularly this weekend. Our local GP network are still working through group 4 at the moment which is the 70+ and CEV patients so I think more people are going onto the website to book. It silly that it doesn't hold the appointments for long enough to actually book them though.
I've been shunted back down the list now as my asthma isn't severe enough to make me a priority so I've got to wait for the over 40s group.

if you are over the age then book it on the link.
this is the link, you just need your NHS number, you don't need the letter to book.

You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 55 or over
  • you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
  • you are an eligible frontline health or social care worker
  • you have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
  • you have a learning disability
  • you are a main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus

Don't book a Saturday one. Can make you feel quite ill. Teachers here are booking during the week so the can have the following day off. Had mine on a Saturday and did not feel great on the Sunday.

Don't book a Saturday one. Can make you feel quite ill. Teachers here are booking during the week so the can have the following day off. Had mine on a Saturday and did not feel great on the Sunday.
Had mine on a Friday and still had Mon-Weds off being so feverish I had to have a COVID test to make sure it really was just side effects.

If I had booked on Monday I would have had a week extra before having to come back post-lockdown and wouldn't have wasted my last pre-return weekend (which I would rather have spent tuning up my bike, batch-cooking and generally getting prepared to come back instead of shivering and sweating and getting nowt done).

Have it on a Monday. ;)

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
Had mine friday, still have a bruised arm feeling but otherwise ok, a bit worse than normal flu jab, but hubby was feeling rotten on sunday after his....