Vaccination debate

Just had my first dose of AZ today (this severe needle-phobe is proud!) so will report back in the AM :p

ETA: so had my jab at 1pm and I just got seriously shivery at half ten.

I have had a rough day (anxiety getting the jab + accompanying my also-phobic flatmate to get his which involved standing in the cold queuing for an hour: Tip Of The Day- if you can get it done in a hospital rather than a vaccination centre absolutely do!!! then managed to choke on my dinner like a typical exhausted Emma) which can’t have helped! Hoping I feel better in the AM.

ETA: I do not feel better in the AM. Have had a 38+ degree fever all night (topped out at 38.8), my head is sore and my arm feels like it’s been punched.
I hope it didn't last long and you are feeling better now Emma

I hope it didn't last long and you are feeling better now Emma
Thanks, unfortunately the fever persisted all weekend so now I need to get tested to make sure it really is side effects and that I didn’t get actual covid pre-jab. -sigh-
I’m pretty sure it’s my over sensitive immune system but better safe than sorry.

Thanks, unfortunately the fever persisted all weekend so now I need to get tested to make sure it really is side effects and that I didn’t get actual covid pre-jab. -sigh-
I’m pretty sure it’s my over sensitive immune system but better safe than sorry.
I hope it turns out negative

Just had my first dose of AZ today (this severe needle-phobe is proud!) so will report back in the AM :p

ETA: so had my jab at 1pm and I just got seriously shivery at half ten.

I have had a rough day (anxiety getting the jab + accompanying my also-phobic flatmate to get his which involved standing in the cold queuing for an hour: Tip Of The Day- if you can get it done in a hospital rather than a vaccination centre absolutely do!!! then managed to choke on my dinner like a typical exhausted Emma) which can’t have helped! Hoping I feel better in the AM.

ETA: I do not feel better in the AM. Have had a 38+ degree fever all night (topped out at 38.8), my head is sore and my arm feels like it’s been punched.
Hope you feel better soon. It's not nice is it? Better than Covid though I suspect.
Allegedly, the Pfizer one has less reaction, although that doesn't seem to be the experience of everyone here!

Anyone else getting fed up with people learning their vaccine science through Facebook?
Drives me insane. I've heard staff ( non science) say they wont get vaccine & don't let their children have vaccines either, because ; " you don't know what's in it, it makes you infertile, it gives you cancer, the list goes on.
Had to chuckle when a friend said she wasn't having it as it makes you infertile...she's 60, I don't think she needs to worry:laughing:

Anyone else getting fed up with people learning their vaccine science through Facebook?
Drives me insane. I've heard staff ( non science) say they wont get vaccine & don't let their children have vaccines either, because ; " you don't know what's in it, it makes you infertile, it gives you cancer, the list goes on.
Had to chuckle when a friend said she wasn't having it as it makes you infertile...she's 60, I don't think she needs to worry:laughing:
I deleted the book of faces a long while ago for this very reason.

Sick of seeing my uncle and his mates crackpot theories about Bill Gates putting microchips in vaccines etc.

I never trust anyone with 'Graduated from: school of hard knocks' or something similar in their bio haha

It is terrifying though to see how many people think that their five minutes reading a clickbait article somehow makes them more qualified on a subject than scientists who have been working in their fields for years.

One dispairs.

After having his vaccine one of my friends posted on Facebook saying that he had a lot of pain around the injection site for a while after, but it was ok because the pain stopped when his arm fell off. Some of the comments were both hilarious and bizarre because a few people actually believed him. :rolleyes:

karen b

COMMITTEE
I had quite a lot of fun researching various “facts” to debunk them in a forum I am a member of. One person kept posting links to stories where she had only read the headline. If you actually read the article it was easy to point out the errors.

After having his vaccine one of my friends posted on Facebook saying that he had a lot of pain around the injection site for a while after, but it was ok because the pain stopped when his arm fell off. Some of the comments were both hilarious and bizarre because a few people actually believed him. :rolleyes:

I got so frustrated seeing a certain type of person posting unverified dribble on friends' posts that I started responding as if they were speaking 100% truth. For example:

"I'm very disturbed to read this. You say people who support Covid vaccination are paid by the govt, but I haven't received any money yet. Can you tell me what the hourly rate is? Should I have kept records?"

or

"I wonder how the vaccine will change my DNA. I can't wait to see which of the X-men I'm going to turn into :D"

It certainly has been a very VERY polarizing time. From the toilet roll hoarding to vaccine queue jumping, it seems people will do anything to get one over on someone else :/
Polarizing - I agree - including regarding support staff volunteering to help out in school during lockdown with the keyworker and vulnerable students (activities etc) and helping out with lateral flow testing (not just testing but outside marshalling buses/cars etc). When others again - as per lockdown 1 - have sat at home on full pay and done zero. And these staff aren't vulnerable or shielding I must add. It has been as predictable as normal times in school, this whole thing has brought into sharp focus those who realise as we're all being paid we need to do something to help, and those who don't.