Two days out!

Absolutely everything. They are more needy than the kids. Makes you wonder how they cope at home without us

Funny, I was just saying this the other day. I sometimes wonder how they manage to cope with organizing their life without a technician or someone else to do it for them.
Interestingly, I notice that literally every teacher in my department is married or is partnered. I am genuinely curious if there is some sort of (weak?) correlation between organization/efficiency and being partnered when it comes to teachers specifically :D:D:D

Wait...now that I think about it, I have worked in 3 schools and EVERY teacher was partnered in some way, cannot think of a single exception...:oops:

Anyone worked with single teachers? What has your experience been? Thinking of starting a poll as we might get some interesting replies haha

I'll throw a spanner in the works and say I have one who's divorced in the time I've been working with her and I think she's probably improved a little as a result (although she's always been one of my better teachers)
As for the rest of them......... I often consider adding toilet roll to the department shopping list in case they need me to wipe anything....:rolleyes:

Another spanner coming.....one of our teachers is single, and she's the most organised, neat, tidy one of the lot of them! It's always a joy to collect equipment from her lab after a practical because she gets the students to leave everything so tidy - even after dissections! She's been here as long as me (12 years) and has progressed to HoD in that time. If she can do it, then why can't the rest of them???!!! :laughing:

:rolleyes: Another spanner coming.....one of our teachers is single, and she's the most organised, neat, tidy one of the lot of them! It's always a joy to collect equipment from her lab after a practical because she gets the students to leave everything so tidy - even after dissections! She's been here as long as me (12 years) and has progressed to HoD in that time. If she can do it, then why can't the rest of them???!!! :laughing:
Our old HoD used to be like that & used to say to exactly that to us. "If I can do it, why can't everyone else". Precisely. Same with taking the register, apparently they don't have time :rolleyes:
As my old mum used to say, " Fetch me, carry me, put me where I want to go".

Funny, I was just saying this the other day. I sometimes wonder how they manage to cope with organizing their life without a technician or someone else to do it for them.
Interestingly, I notice that literally every teacher in my department is married or is partnered. I am genuinely curious if there is some sort of (weak?) correlation between organization/efficiency and being partnered when it comes to teachers specifically :D:D:D

Wait...now that I think about it, I have worked in 3 schools and EVERY teacher was partnered in some way, cannot think of a single exception...:oops:

Anyone worked with single teachers? What has your experience been? Thinking of starting a poll as we might get some interesting replies haha
I wonder if they turn to their partners & start ordering them about? Can you, could you, will you....
We went to a teachers party once & one of the husbands there was so happy to find out we weren't teachers, poor sod.:laughing: