Training courses - chemistry / general lab skills

Can anyone recommend any providers who run courses that would be suitable for chemistry technicians with little experience. CLEAPSS seems to offer fewer and fewer courses yet I am sure there is still a demand for training.

dropping a comment here because i'm also interested

Futurelearn normally has some great courses but because they all online they aren't exactly practical hands on skills based

STEM offer a good range of courses, they are based out of York university.

https://www.stem.org.uk/cpd/496867/technicians-supporting-chemistry-11-19 (did the physics version last year, it was really good)
might work or they do a more generic

Which i sent my techs on and they said it was really good!
I've done some of their online courses - they are good. It's unfortunate York is quite so far away from where we are (South West) CLEAPSS used to run lots of courses out of Bristol which was very handy.

I've done some of their online courses - they are good. It's unfortunate York is quite so far away from where we are (South West) CLEAPSS used to run lots of courses out of Bristol which was very handy.
Yeah, I'm near newcastle so York is only an hour away by train so it's not too bad for us, but the bursary more than covers the cost of transport!

Are there any local technician networks near you, they might do some courses?

Or you could check with local colleges, they might be able to arrange something?

Or you could set up your own network and plan some CPD, then you get to choose what courses are being run?

Its definitely worth contacting other schools locally because if there are a few of you in the area that need to do training you can offer to host Cleapss courses. I think it requires at least 10 attendees, but they'll consider any location. Its been a while since we've done it, but I think there are a couple requirements of the host like providing resources and lunch for the trainer. The school then gets paid for hosting or free places if I remember rightly.
At the moment they're probably not running 'in person' courses because of covid, but hopefully it'll be back to normal by September.

Its definitely worth contacting other schools locally because if there are a few of you in the area that need to do training you can offer to host Cleapss courses. I think it requires at least 10 attendees, but they'll consider any location. Its been a while since we've done it, but I think there are a couple requirements of the host like providing resources and lunch for the trainer. The school then gets paid for hosting or free places if I remember rightly.
At the moment they're probably not running 'in person' courses because of covid, but hopefully it'll be back to normal by September.
Yes, my school did look into hosting a CLEAPSS courses a while ago. In the end it was decided that it wasn't worth the hassle.

Some places offer the Level 3 Certificate in Laboratory Technical Skills, which I used to teach in London. Very few places at the moment, but some places... if you contact the exam board, which used to be PAA\VQ (now taken over by GQA), they can direct you to any centres that may be nearby.