Timetable...

Our timetable is going back to normal next year.
SLT have invested in software to do it.
It is a cock up.
How many after school classes do you all have? We will now have a lot.
Discuss.

Used to be at least two nearly every day except Friday back before covid. None at the minute. As for next year's timetable, haven't seen it yet.

Used to be at least two nearly every day except Friday back before covid. None at the minute. As for next year's timetable, haven't seen it yet.
Neither have we, HoD is not happy & said if left as it is, it will be a nightmare. :(

• Sad
Reactions: kaj
We're having a combination of pre- COVID and COVID next year. During COVID - which has stopped now I believe (!!!!!!!!!??????) - we had half day classes (OK for A levels) we liked that, other subjects not so much, so we'll now have 3hr lessons in the mornings and Wednesday afternoon, with shorter lessons and study support sessions squeezed into the other afternoons. We will have an extra AS group next year - so that'll be 7 and 6 A2 groups. No plans yet for anything after college.

I'm sorting out the 3 labs we have access to, as apparently we anticipate growing further. Paint job and new shelves/gratnells/rearrangement in one and replacement shelves/gratnells in another.

Our timetable is going back to normal next year.
Seeing the guidance, unless there is a U turn at the dfe, that's how it will be, but with some token hand washing.

We have a few period 7 classes, CLEAPSS say the school needs to provide full support emergency rota, HoD, SMT on site etc. As would be in normal time.

Seeing the guidance, unless there is a U turn at the dfe, that's how it will be, but with some token hand washing.

We have a few period 7 classes, CLEAPSS say the school needs to provide full support emergency rota, HoD, SMT on site etc. As would be in normal time.
Hmmm, we said no tech support for Period 6, no first aiders on site etc. Will look on cleapss for that.
Which doc. is it?

Three lessons per day, staggered lunch breaks for all years during or at the end of lesson 2, currently 263 lessons per week, one less technician so we will wait and see how it all goes.

Back to a normal 7 period day, currently no after school classes, but it's not a great TT, one year 10 class has 4 science lessons one after the other. HOD is having to get them a change of room and teacher after the first double to break things up for them.

We are back to 5 periods a day and we have 15 labs. When I started 4 years ago we had six technicians, then we went down to four and now two of those left at the end of term so from September there will only be two of us!!!!!! No sign of ant adverts for replacements.

We didn't change our timetabling so it's the same old format (although I feel sorry for the new teacher who has a last period Y10 once a rotation and will be the only person teaching in the department!) But I expect there will be plenty of lunchtime "revision and extension" classes getting in the way next year. We have a long lunch so there's very few after school things (except sports).

karen b

COMMITTEE
We have ten half hour periods in a day, although most lessons are for a double period (or a triple in some cases). We don’t timetable any after school classes. Many students travel here by bus, and the buses leave about ten minutes after the end of the school day. There are sometimes lunchtime catch up sessions (though SLT like us to call them things other than catch up as that implies we have not taught the curriculum correctly first time round!)

Our timetable hasn't been finalized yet (one teacher leaving) HOD off sick and me on my own.
I already know Mondays and Fridays are horrific! School has either been closed or fully open, nothing in between.
Roll on Friday!

We were supposed to have four new labs built this September, which means loads of lessons in classrooms as we're going down from six and are starting new courses. Timetabling created appropriate timetables, ignoring the existing labs and putting two over to IT lessons. Then it turned out that the new labs wouldn't be ready until half term anyway. Science lessons then entirely put into classrooms, despite the existing labs. Then it turned out the new lab designs were inappropriate and the improved ones would take most of next academic year to put in as well as putting two floors out of action in the new block. Timetabling have given up and started asking about tents in the road...

We were supposed to have four new labs built this September, which means loads of lessons in classrooms as we're going down from six and are starting new courses. Timetabling created appropriate timetables, ignoring the existing labs and putting two over to IT lessons. Then it turned out that the new labs wouldn't be ready until half term anyway. Science lessons then entirely put into classrooms, despite the existing labs. Then it turned out the new lab designs were inappropriate and the improved ones would take most of next academic year to put in as well as putting two floors out of action in the new block. Timetabling have given up and started asking about tents in the road...
EEH when I was a lass we used to have classes in paper bag in middle ot road!

Paper? You lot must've been minted. We had to weave our bags out of weeds on t'verge. And it was the verge of a dirt path, we didn't have them fancy tarmac roads.