Time requirement for prcaticals

Peter Sigsworth

COMMITTEE
Looks like said teacher may have put the request for the wrong time. That or he's given the wrong room. Honestly only makes it worse that I've rushed like a panicked chimp for the last 2 hours for seemingly nothing.
They sometimes say that to me when I challenge them but really they did want it when they asked but daren't admit it and/or can’t cope with the confrontation.

Looks like said teacher may have put the request for the wrong time. That or he's given the wrong room. Honestly only makes it worse that I've rushed like a panicked chimp for the last 2 hours for seemingly nothing.
That happened to me. Our ordering sheet was screwed up and had booked tomorrow’s request for a ripple tank today AND tomorrow. Luckily because we have enough sets for a sixth form class set I checked if they wanted all of them or just the demo and found the error.

I occasionally get food test requests at short notice - I keep a stock of dried foods for this very event (powdered milk, UHT milk, powdered potato (smash), dried albumen, sugar, glucose, starch, dried bread, biscuits, crisps, dried fruit pieces, suet, cooking oil and some frozen items morsels of meat etc.).
Despite having deadlines some continually keep pushing the boundaries. It's the nature of the job I have come to accept, but never make it easy for them, so I let them panic a bit before I give in, as I will avoid punishing the students for teacher mistakes at all costs.
When you say Dried Albumen do you mean the powdered one in the containers we buy?

Happens quite often. Or they don't use the practical at all after we rush to sort it.

I occasionally get food test requests at short notice - I keep a stock of dried foods for this very event (powdered milk, UHT milk, powdered potato (smash), dried albumen, sugar, glucose, starch, dried bread, biscuits, crisps, dried fruit pieces, suet, cooking oil and some frozen items morsels of meat etc.).
Despite having deadlines some continually keep pushing the boundaries. It's the nature of the job I have come to accept, but never make it easy for them, so I let them panic a bit before I give in, as I will avoid punishing the students for teacher mistakes at all costs.
Yup, we do this too. We have as much dried food as poss. We also cut bread into cubes & lay out in trays to dry.
Have small specimen bottles of cooking oil ready in tray. Gallipots filled with all dry stuff.
Cheese grated & frozen in gallipots ready to go.
That said. 2 hours notice is a no no!

For food testing, I followed the lead of one of the exam boards and set up foods from a simple meal, I went with cheese burger, fries and strawberry milk shake. I keep dried bread, soya mince (dried burger), little potato sticks (don't eat what isn't put out honest!), indestructible cheese slices, and strawberry milk shake powder, it all goes out in little pots with the reagent bottles and test tubes / spotting tiles. Any food in the pots that looks okay goes in the fridge for next time.

For food testing, I followed the lead of one of the exam boards and set up foods from a simple meal, I went with cheese burger, fries and strawberry milk shake. I keep dried bread, soya mince (dried burger), little potato sticks (don't eat what isn't put out honest!), indestructible cheese slices, and strawberry milk shake powder, it all goes out in little pots with the reagent bottles and test tubes / spotting tiles. Any food in the pots that looks okay goes in the fridge for next time.
I don't think I could trust myself serving a cheese burger with fries without eating it myself!

We used to do this. We even went with getting a meal from the canteen for food tests. Until the person in charge of the canteen decided she didn't want us testing 'her' food.
Makes you wonder why huh?

We have simplified this down to the least faff and mess possible. Albumen, energy drink and a starchy solution made from soaked bread (frozen bread inside muslin bag placed into a beaker of water.. They used to do food samples ground up with mortars and pestles, but they'd spend so long doing that they wouldn't get the food testing done.