The effect of PH on enzyme action

CovTech

Lvl 37 Alchemist
COMMITTEE
And yet Marvel is the only one to give consistent results, over (now) many years.
Nor us - we used the Sainsbury's red one (step up from basics) last week and thats fine, it's the only one we've used since the new CPAC style pracs came in

We've found pretty much any basic skimmed milk powder will work - we've used Asda, Tesco's, Morrisons own brands. BUT they do have a limited shelf life once opened. Once they start to go 'grainy' in suspension, they're no good & have to be discarded, otherwise the milk particles just drop out of suspension.

This link should give you a starting point
I make up the milk as a 5%w/v mix, make a paste in cold water then add hot (60-70°C) water from a kettle. I use the Neutrase from NCBE Reading in buffers from pH5to 9. Aliquots of 10ml of milk are mixed with 5ml of buffer and the time to clear is noted, recent results ranged from 20mins at 5 to 5mins a 9.

This link should give you a starting point
I make up the milk as a 5%w/v mix, make a paste in cold water then add hot (60-70°C) water from a kettle. I use the Neutrase from NCBE Reading in buffers from pH5to 9. Aliquots of 10ml of milk are mixed with 5ml of buffer and the time to clear is noted, recent results ranged from 20mins at 5 to 5mins a 9.
Thank you very much