Technician Jukebox - Whats playing right now in your room?

phystech3d

the_eco_dude
first 5 songs on shuffle from my big playlist:
Ikea - Jonathan Coulton
I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash
Wet Sand - Red hot Chili Peppers
Kiss me Deadly - Reel Big Fish
Splendid - Professor Elemental

that's pretty representitive of my tastes I'd say!

first 5 songs on shuffle from my big playlist:
Ikea - Jonathan Coulton
I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash
Wet Sand - Red hot Chili Peppers
Kiss me Deadly - Reel Big Fish
Splendid - Professor Elemental

that's pretty representitive of my tastes I'd say!

Well that's Splendid stuck in my head for the next week XD

For sound checks in my role as theater guy, I use Chris Rea's "Julia"
If I'm really wanting to wind the amps up to 11 (and annoy everyone (500m radius) I'll stick Jeff Wayne's "The War of the Worlds" on.
I do have hearing problems, but I know these two pieces so well I can set up a sound desk/amps/speakers fairly accurately.

If I'm really wanting to wind the amps up to 11 (and annoy everyone (500m radius) I'll stick Jeff Wayne's "The War of the Worlds" on.
I do have hearing problems, but I know these two pieces so well I can set up a sound desk/amps/speakers fairly accurately.
I might have to pop The War of the Worlds on now!

Techitude

COMMITTEE
I prefer silence but colleague prefers the radio. I don’t turn it on if she’s not in.

I don't like the radio on either, was the first change I made in the prep room the day I started. I have ASD and can't always cope with the constant background noise, other techs were very understanding and have said they actually prefer it quiet now :)

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is "Live" on Youtube this Friday 7pm. search for The show must go on

I tend towards Cheesae FM as someone said.
Smooth, Magic ( tragic FM) or Radio 2 minus Jeremy Vine.
I'd have Jazz on but radio signal crap in here so limited. Have to have it on so quiet, wonder if it's worth it, I keep doors closed but teachers must have bat ears!! :(

Depends what I'm doing! Like Rock Chick above, I quite like the silence, especially when I'm doing things that need concentration. But when I'm doing more mundane things like the washing up, I have the local radio on (BBC Radio Devon) - nice mix of easy listening music and general chit chat...plus I keep up-to-date with the News headlines :)

It just shows how I'm ageing, it used to be radio 1 (think Mike Read, Kid Jenson, DLT etc), then Radio 2. These days if I'm doing a boring job I really like radio 4, lots of interesting conversations or classical when I'm pretending to be "kultured".