tapes

Morning,
Has any one found any 30m fibreglass surveyors tapes which lasts longer than a few uses. Our lovely year 9 have just managed to break 2. Only 1 can still be used but very annoying. One won't wind right in and the other one they cut of the end tag and wound it back in. The 2nd one has had 7m cut off the tape!
They are needed for an A level field trip so now I am 1 short.
I find they are expensive so only replace when needed. Best place to buy?

Irene

Irene
Have you tried Amazon? It all depends on your budget. Have you asked the PE department or Geography, maybe they would be able to lone one to you?

Depending on the make, I have taken one of ours apart before to fix the winding in problem, if that is all that is wrong with one. Sometimes you can fix it by winding it all out and starting again.

Depending on the make, I have taken one of ours apart before to fix the winding in problem, if that is all that is wrong with one. Sometimes you can fix it by winding it all out and starting again.

Funnily enough, I was just having the winding problem with one of ours, and cursing because it was a new one and they'd broken it already. I was considering how I was going to take it to bits when I read this post. I tried it and it worked! Great timing, so thank you very much!

Morning,
Has any one found any 30m fibreglass surveyors tapes which lasts longer than a few uses. Our lovely year 9 have just managed to break 2. Only 1 can still be used but very annoying. One won't wind right in and the other one they cut of the end tag and wound it back in. The 2nd one has had 7m cut off the tape!
They are needed for an A level field trip so now I am 1 short.
I find they are expensive so only replace when needed. Best place to buy?
Try begging to your PE dept or geography, they use them for river studies