SOLD - Chicken items

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
Hello,

We have decided to no longer have/get chickens (Local fox gets to them really fast!!)

We haven't had any since I have been here and was wondering if anyone was interested in buying the items? I will be posting on the tech page soon with pics ect.

Not sure what we have got but it is taking valuable space in a already tight for storage department!!

Techitude

COMMITTEE
What do you have available?
I am running the duckling hatching club again after feb half term so need to get all the stuff sorted out ready.

Techitude

COMMITTEE
Yes it sounds like a great idea. But what happens to them after they hatch and grow? They aren't destined for Crispy Duck I hope.:)
This will be my 6th time (and 3rd school) running it. We did chicks the first two times but I decided to do ducklings the 3rd time as i prefer them to chicks and we've stuck to ducklings every since. The whole school loves it and the sight of a little group of ducklings following me aka 'mommy duck' down the corridors never gets old!
I take them home and rear them until big enough to be sexed and then I sell them on to nice homes. That said several of them have ended up going home with members of the teaching staff as garden pets so saved me the job of rearing them.

This will be my 6th time (and 3rd school) running it. We did chicks the first two times but I decided to do ducklings the 3rd time as i prefer them to chicks and we've stuck to ducklings every since. The whole school loves it and the sight of a little group of ducklings following me aka 'mommy duck' down the corridors never gets old!
I take them home and rear them until big enough to be sexed and then I sell them on to nice homes. That said several of them have ended up going home with members of the teaching staff as garden pets so saved me the job of rearing them.
Yes a really nice idea. Newly hatch Ducklings bong with the first thing it sees (even a piece of wood). How do you look after them over the Weekend?:)

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
What do you have available?
I am running the duckling hatching club again after feb half term so need to get all the stuff sorted out ready.
These are the items we have. We need to get rid of them as we are based in the countryside so keeping chickens is impossible! We would rather they go somewhere where they are used. All in working condition as just been testing them all. Are you able to send a email address as the files are too large

We have a: incubator, brooder hen heat thing? Egg candle, I assume feed holders
IMG_20200128_111753.jpg

Attachments

These are the items we have. We need to get rid of them as we are based in the countryside so keeping chickens is impossible! We would rather they go somewhere where they are used. All in working condition as just been testing them all. Are you able to send a email address as the files are too large

We have a: incubator, brooder hen heat thing? Egg candle, I assume feed holders
View attachment 3935
I'm sure others will be interested in this. You can get Foxes walking up the middle of Urban streets Shannon.:)

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
Yes a really nice idea. Newly hatch Ducklings bong with the first thing it sees (even a piece of wood). How do you look after them over the Weekend?:)
At my old school and middle school, we had a few ponds in the middle sections and when ducklings were there everyone would get soo excited!

Techitude

COMMITTEE
Yes imprinting, makes keeping control of the ducklings much easier!
I take them home at the weekend :)

THESE WILL BE POSTED ON THE SCIENCE TECH FB PAGE TO, SO YOU CAN FEW ALL PHOTOS :D
I'm not actually on the fb group - what is the group name and i'll try and join