Solar panels

Has anyone managed to light a 2.5V bulb using solar panels, if so please tell me how. I keep getting asked for this and have never managed it ?
:rolleyes:

A 100 watt panel produces an average of about 6 amps per peak sun hour, or about 30 amp-hours per day.

You'd need a roof sized one and some sun.

and

You can not connect filament lamps to a solar panel directly. They will short out the panel and the bulbs will not light.

STEMTech

Dave
A 5 or 6 cell panel capable of giving the current required to light the lamp should suffice. Direct sunlight will be required.
If you want to run it from classroom lighting you will need a much larger array, which could blow the lamp if sunlight gets at it!

Was once asked to get a boat windmill and solar cell setup to show students, never got ordered thankfully, would have needed rigging and stuff.

1616145794846.png

Has anyone managed to light a 2.5V bulb using solar panels, if so please tell me how. I keep getting asked for this and have never managed it ?
We attach the solar panel to a voltmeter and then vary the amount of light reaching it (desk lamp moved closer or further), or cover different proportions of the panel with paper. Different take but always produces results