Sheep head help!

A skip... full of pigs' heads...
This just gets better and better :eek:
To be fair (??!!) she had suggested getting a pigs head then had that "OOH" moment of, " we could get enough for the whole year group" which was when we said that it would be a skip full of heads, 120, & asked if she had seen the size of a pigs head.
Luckily we all had laugh about it, but maybe secretly she though we should do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I'd quite like to have seen a butchers face if we had gone to ask for 120 heads.

To be fair (??!!) she had suggested getting a pigs head then had that "OOH" moment of, " we could get enough for the whole year group" which was when we said that it would be a skip full of heads, 120, & asked if she had seen the size of a pigs head.
Luckily we all had laugh about it, but maybe secretly she though we should do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I'd quite like to have seen a butchers face if we had gone to ask for 120 heads.

It certainly ups the game as far as departmental shopping goes. I'm picturing this:

1617091888388.png
Attached to your car and full of pigs' heads :laughing:

Am I the only one who thinks it bizarre to randomly by a sheep's head to see what you could do with it. Its tedious enough preparing safe dissection for kids and the clean up afterwards.
"Bizarre" never stopped some of the teachers I've dealt with... (idea of class dissection of whole mice IN YEAR 7 was interesting...)

"Bizarre" never stopped some of the teachers I've dealt with... (idea of class dissection of whole mice IN YEAR 7 was interesting...)
We had one of those teachers they put it in the yr7 SOW which he then never actually taught, no one else wanted to do it, ever.

:sick: We have a teacher that does that every year. Goes to pets at home ( or sends us) to buy the extra large mice, it's revolting

:sick: We have a teacher that does that every year. Goes to pets at home ( or sends us) to buy the extra large mice, it's revolting
Really? You buy the mice alive. I've only once prepared a rat dissection for Year 12 biology (was to a very responsible teacher) the rats we ordered were preserved. I've only heard of stories from older technician colleagues handling such livestock. How grim.

Really? You buy the mice alive. I've only once prepared a rat dissection for Year 12 biology (was to a very responsible teacher) the rats we ordered were preserved. I've only heard of stories from older technician colleagues handling such livestock. How grim.
:laughing: NO! The are the frozen extra large mice usually for reptile food
I can't even kill an earthworm, never mind a mouseo_O

:laughing: NO! The are the frozen extra large mice usually for reptile food
I can't even kill an earthworm, never mind a mouseo_O
I read it as "buying living mice" as well and hoped they are humanely send to the next world before dissection....

The closest I got to dissecting a whole animal was a preserved rat dissection in an A-Level class. I delivered it in a bag it came it and said that I expect all the bits to be in a black bin liner when I come to collect it :sick:

So happy they aren't live. I can't even kill the ones caught in our humane traps in the feed room. They are so cute with their little twitchy whiskers and tiny handpaws. I take them miles away and release them. :love:

So happy they aren't live. I can't even kill the ones caught in our humane traps in the feed room. They are so cute with their little twitchy whiskers and tiny handpaws. I take them miles away and release them. :love:
:laughing: Me too. I love their little hands. ( handpaws! Awww) Especially when we get the little round, tubby field mice. Oh my gosh, they are so cute, I can forgive any destruction.

My neighbour put down poison that killed all the field mice and bank voles that were living in our garden. I have no idea why - he only has a lawn and they weren't doing any harm...(it was my home grown veggies they were eating but we were sharing...!) It was so sad to find their little dead bodies everywhere...

My neighbour put down poison that killed all the field mice and bank voles that were living in our garden. I have no idea why - he only has a lawn and they weren't doing any harm...(it was my home grown veggies they were eating but we were sharing...!) It was so sad to find their little dead bodies everywhere...
Shame you can't put down neighbour poison. Evil person