Science Technician of the Year Awards 2020

prepAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
COMMITTEE
STOTY.jpg

The 2020 Science Technician of the Year Awards are now brought to you by Gratnells and Preproom.org with an easier entry process, richer prize and team awards. Do you or your team have what it takes? Here’s what you need to know:

What to enter?

We would love to see photos of wonderful prep rooms, creativity as a technician or exciting demos or creations. We want to see technicians' achievements - big or small - or even photos of what being a Science Technician means to you.

How to enter?

Simply submit three images of your prep room, achievements or daily duties to be entered into the competition. Details of where to submit your images will be given when the competition opens.

What happens next?

If your pictures are shortlisted, you will be contacted by Dr Katherine Forsey from the judging panel and asked to submit a short personal profile and details of an outstanding project. If you have nominated a technician or team they will be contacted directly.

Profiles and projects will be shared across the judging panel and the winners chosen. Winners will be notified via email.

Who can win?

This year there will be a UK winner, UK winning team, UK 2nd place, UK 3rd place and an International winner.

What are the prizes?

UK 1st place winner - £300 cash and £500 voucher to spend with Gratnells
Award and certificate, mini tray set and TeaTray for the staff room

UK winning team- £500 cash and £800 voucher to spend with Gratnells
Award and certificate for the team, mini tray set for each member and a TeaTray for the staff room

UK 2nd place winner - £250 cash and £400 voucher to spend with Gratnells

UK 3rd place winner - £150 cash and £300 voucher to spend with Gratnells

International 1st placewinner- £300 cash and £500 voucher to spend with Gratnells
Award and certificate and mini tray set

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO ENTER, VISIT THE GRATNELLS WEBSITE HERE:
https://www.gratnells.com/science-technician-of-the-year-awards-2020

Wish i had time to take pictures or photos.
The amount of times over my career working in education i have submitted various items for these so called awards (some quite detailed) and got nowhere just a hearty pat on the back from whichever company/organization who was running it that year.
You tend to find that certain schools win/.

Julie Delaney

COMMITTEE
The amount of times over my career working in education i have submitted various items for these so called awards (some quite detailed) and got nowhere just a hearty pat on the back from whichever company/organization who was running it that year.
I would just love a mini tray set.

A pat on the back is nice though ;). I would still encourage folks to have a go. We entered the Salters' Award thing a couple of years ago and made it to the final ten, and we're a new team at a school that was in the middle of expanding up to GCSE age range, to my very real astonishment (I've only won two raffles in my entire life, for example - one was a nice box of chocolates, the other a really creepy dolly (I was 7 or 8 at the time) which I donated as soon as I could!). Didn't win the funds our prep room could really have used, but it did raise our profile and standing with SLT a bit. Useful, as we were pushing for things to be done right in the new facilities that were being built.

Julie Delaney

COMMITTEE
Schools from the Middle East Can they also join the said event...
I have no idea, maybe contact Gratnells? Welcome to preproom.org. it's lovely to see people from across the globe on this site. Have a look at #Techognition too. :)

Reactions: Pit

Julie Delaney

COMMITTEE
Thanks, Julie. Glad and amazing hearing you guys.
Lovely to hear from you too Pit, I hope you enjoy this site and making lots of friends here. You will find everyone is really helpful and friendly. If you need anything, just ask, people are always happy to help.:cool::):)

Reactions: Pit