Schroedingers CLEAPSS

Does anyone else have this experience with some teachers that CLEAPSS is both simultaneously 'Gospel Truth' and 'Only Advice'?

When asking their opinion on something they are always like ''oh do what CLEAPSS states, or you will be in trouble'' but when giving them advice from CLEAPSS you get ''but those are just guidelinessssss we can do what we wantttttt'' haha.

So CLEAPSS is simultaneously both until observed and the waveform collapses into one or the other depending on the situation :p

I usually point out that Yes, they are guidelines, but CLEAPSS are the departments appointed safety advisors, so going against their advice would leave you in a very weak legal position in the event of a court case.

That usually gets them to toe the line.
Thats my thoughts too.

As far as I'm concerned, if I have evidence that I have advised them of what CLEAPSS says and they choose to ignore it, I don't care because it will be on their head not mine, I always do my due diligence.

Does anyone else have this experience with some teachers that CLEAPSS is both simultaneously 'Gospel Truth' and 'Only Advice'?

When asking their opinion on something they are always like ''oh do what CLEAPSS states, or you will be in trouble'' but when giving them advice from CLEAPSS you get ''but those are just guidelinessssss we can do what we wantttttt'' haha.

So CLEAPSS is simultaneously both until observed and the waveform collapses into one or the other depending on the situation :p
Lucky your teachers are familiar with Cleapss, ours have hardly any idea or interest on what it is, despite us pointing them in the direction of the Cleapss risk assessment folder and suggesting they look at it.