Sad/bad news

On Tuesday, I went into work to help George with some stuff like ordering, that he had had landed on him after I was made redundant. He said that the job was now causing him considerable stress due to expectations of picking up the SST stuff and a substantial workload now that he was sole technician. He said he had been suffering from heartburn for a day or so in anticipation of coming back in after the long weekend. We had a good chat and I urged him to seek medical attention.

Yesterday, he left early to go for a doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, some time overnight, he died suddenly.

George was probably the best technician I ever worked with and I know, despite him rubbing up quite a few people the wrong way, Preproom would have been a poorer place without him.

No doubt the funeral will be streamed online and I will provide a link here once I know the details.

Last edited:

paul r

COMMITTEE
That is such sad news and a real shock . From a personal perspective George was always on hand to give me advice and his contributions were appreciated . I can only ask you to pass on my condolences to his family and friends .Thanks for letting us know MIke and I can only send you virtual support in these difficult times .

I'm so sorry to hear that Mike, and thank you for letting us know - George was treasure trove of information to many people, and the technician community as a whole will be poorer for his loss. I can't imagine what effect this has had on his nearest and dearest. Condolences to his family and friends.

Such sad news. He was always full of info and help. Send all our condolences to his family and friends.

Hope you are holding up OK, that must have been a shock for you.

Sorry to hear that Mike. I always liked George, he helped me out so many times, and I loved his banter. Condolences to his family and friends.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I have so much of his advice on here bookmarked to refer back to. Hope you're doing ok.

On Tuesday, I went into work to help George with some stuff like ordering, that he had had landed on him after I was made redundant. He said that the job was now causing him considerable stress due to expectations of picking up the SST stuff and a substantial workload now that he was sole technician. He said he had been suffering from heartburn for a day or so in anticipation of coming back in after the long weekend. We had a good chat and I urged him to seek medical attention.

Yesterday, he left early to go for a doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, some time that evening, he died suddenly.

George was probably the best technician I ever worked with and I know, despite him rubbing up quite a few people the wrong way, Preproom would have been a poorer place without him.

No doubt the funeral will be streamed online and I will provide a link here once I know the details.
Very sad news, condolences.

That's shocking news for you all. He was a character for sure. Dreadful for his family. I thought he was quite young?
Condolences.