Rusty iron blocks

I have noticed that the iron blocks in my materials kits are starting to look a bit tarnished/rusty. Is there anything I can do to remove the discolouration?
Thanks

3 in 1 oil will do the job, but if you have some sewing machine oil in technology that should be okay, wear rubber or plastic gloves. After cleaning wipe down with ethanol to remove any residue.

wd40
works for me .
just thinking this afternoon I should spray some on a rag and wipe over the metal vernier calipers due to over handling by students with lovely clean hands !!! in engineering we never had this problem as one's hands were usually slightly oil covered normally

wd40
works for me .
just thinking this afternoon I should spray some on a rag and wipe over the metal vernier calipers due to over handling by students with lovely clean hands !!! in engineering we never had this problem as one's hands were usually slightly oil covered normally

I once 'oiled up' some verniers to stop them from rusting. First time they went out teacher comes into the prep room to tell me that the students didnt like the feel of the veriners because they 'felted slimy'