RSC Inspiring School Science Technicians event?

I've signed up. I've got a "booking confirmation" email thanking me for registering and asking me to check my booking details, does that mean I definitely have a place? Or do I need to wait for a second email?
Yes, you definitely have a place. It's just a reminder to check your details.

Just had the email.

Its cancelled.

edited to add - Sorry TechNewham, your post wasnt displaying when I wrote mine.

I got the email! I’ve booked my sessions.
THIS LOOKS GREAT OPHELIA. WE COULD HAVE GONE BUT OUR TRAIN WOULD HAVE GOT INTO KINGS CROSS HALF AN HOUR BEFORE THE START OF THE EVENT AND ACTUALLY I'M GLAD THAT WE WOULDN'T BE PUTTING OURSELVES AT RISK TAKING THE TUBE WITHOUT MASKS AND SPACE SUITS. INSTEAD WE ARE GOING TO 3 CONFERENCES THIS YEAR: SALTERS, YORK AND ASE. TAKE CARE.:);)

Got the email on Friday afternoon. Disappointed this won't be going ahead, but as others have said it's not surprising given the current situation. Hopefully will be able to convince the Head of Science to let me go next year instead.

THIS LOOKS GREAT OPHELIA. WE COULD HAVE GONE BUT OUR TRAIN WOULD HAVE GOT INTO KINGS CROSS HALF AN HOUR BEFORE THE START OF THE EVENT AND ACTUALLY I'M GLAD THAT WE WOULDN'T BE PUTTING OURSELVES AT RISK TAKING THE TUBE WITHOUT MASKS AND SPACE SUITS. INSTEAD WE ARE GOING TO 3 CONFERENCES THIS YEAR: SALTERS, YORK AND ASE. TAKE CARE.:);)
You don't have a mask and space suit?

Has anyone done the offer, didn't see it last year.

In ordinary circumstances, everyone who attends a Royal Society of Chemistry conference or event, who is not already a member, has the option to sign up for free Affiliate membership until the end of the year.

Take up 2020 Affiliate membership for free

We would like to give you the chance to take up this offer now, whether or not the event you were planning to attend ends up going ahead.