Risk assessment for technicians working during covid 19 pandemic

Hi
Has anyone done a risk assessment specifically for technicians to follow? We are following CLEAPPS GL343 and other school guidelines but have not done any thing else on "paper" . Do you think we need to, just to cover ourselves? We did have a science dept meeting at the start of term to discuss and agree on how to manage practicals within the guidelines, we do social distancing in prep room as much as possible etc.

Hi
Has anyone done a risk assessment specifically for technicians to follow? We are following CLEAPPS GL343 and other school guidelines but have not done any thing else on "paper" . Do you think we need to, just to cover ourselves? We did have a science dept meeting at the start of term to discuss and agree on how to manage practicals within the guidelines, we do social distancing in prep room as much as possible etc.
I started one, then realised I was doubling up on school RA on some points. We are small team of techs & all know what to do.
Not sure, maybe I should have put it on paper, feels like teaching your Grandmother to suck eggs though. ( or maybe I am being lazy):oops:

Someone very helpfully posted a document they'd made (can't remember who, nor whether it was on this site or the FB technicians' group :confused:), and they gave permission for it to be used by others. We have therefore used that as a basis for ours, and tweaked it so that it applies accurately to our situation. Our HoD wanted a copy to put on file so that there's a record of the actions we're taking to stay safe.

Hi
no just CLEAPPS GL343 and the school RA.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
I believe my role has been separately risk assessed as I am CV and I think the second oldest left working in school. I have not been formally advised of this but had a meeting with the head and he was saying that with my own preproom I can control my interactions. I do too, though I have to walk through labs to get in and out I have a timetable on the wall for when it is safe to use the corridors.

Teachers who are CV have all gone now bar one as far as I can see, obviously CEV left before when their emails were sent to them.

Hi
We've crated a folder in the science area - Covid -19 Response. there we drop all the RA and CLEAPSS guidelines plus teachers drop their own RA and any work tailored to be done in non science rooms. We have weekly technicians meeting with the Science Lead (we do that anyway not just because of Covid) and any issues are dealt with in the meeting.

School has generic one but we also use the CLEAPPS GL343 and regularly check for updates.
As it appears people use the school one for toilet trips

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
School have a generic one and if I needed a personal one due to health issues then I can ask, school one is updating all the time and keeping my eye out for CLEAPSS

We have a generic school one and I have amended my technician's one to reflect changes I have made to my way of working under Covid.