Respirator cartridge for Bromine?

Yes I understood that.
I was not envisaging you sitting there with a straw trying to breathe the liquid.
The point is that the vapours should be being carried safely away from your lungs by the fume cupboard.

The fume cupboard was on, and recently serviced, what else could I do?

when I first started here the old tech showed me the way he made bromine water, basically go outside check which way the wind is blowing and at arms length pipette some from liquid bromine bottle to water :oops: freaked me right out!! I do mine in a fume cupboard and prefer ampoules

So the bottle says Bromine not Bromine Water,

The Head of Science which is chemist just told me that it isn't bromine liquid but liquid solution (even if it doesn't write it on the bottle)

We don't use bromine liquid she added

I can't see how any significant vapours can be escaping if it's on and passed its service.
Were you leaning into it?
Was the sash completely open?
My fume cupboard does not let random clouds of bromine escape.
Well maybe I think I inhaled it because I smelled the odour of it, bromine vapours are very dense so the are going downwards, I mean to inhale you need to rise the bottle above your nose and mouth

The Head of Science which is chemist just told me that it isn't bromine liquid but liquid solution (even if it doesn't write it on the bottle)

we have a 100ml bottle of bromine

if it says bromine then it's bromine.

Purple Cat

It's real Science not Rocket Science
Why does the Hazcard say that Bromine and Bromine water are fatal if inhaled? I have inhaled some recently and just had a minor cough for a minute
It's about the amount of bromine you breathe in - from an MSDS sheet;

Information on toxicological effects - LD50 (oral,rat) 485 mg/kg - LC50 (inhalation,rat) 1.1 mg/l/4h - LD50 (skin,rabbit) >2000 mg/kg - Irritation to eyes (rabbit) : Corrosive - Irritation to skin (rabbit) : Corrosive.

So if you weigh (say) 50 kilos then and have breathed in or ingested 25g of bromine the chances of you being killed is 50%

Apart from that it's extremely Corrosive, with delayed after effects

I once breathed in Bromine vapour and it didn't affect me at all, ik, ik, ik, i ,nkakmijfsiisajf:toxic:didisioi,dddddhsaiIOoioLOAOI:cake::lightbulb2::frankenstein::einstein::danger: they're coming to take me away HA HA:laughing:

So its bought in ready diluted?

It's about the amount of bromine you breathe in - from an MSDS sheet;

Information on toxicological effects - LD50 (oral,rat) 485 mg/kg - LC50 (inhalation,rat) 1.1 mg/l/4h - LD50 (skin,rabbit) >2000 mg/kg - Irritation to eyes (rabbit) : Corrosive - Irritation to skin (rabbit) : Corrosive.

So if you weigh (say) 50 kilos then and have breathed in or ingested 25g of bromine the chances of you being killed is 50%

Apart from that it's extremely Corrosive, with delayed after effects

So when you open a bromine liquid bottle of 100 ml how many ml of bromine vapours will escape in about 2 minutes of use?
The photo that was posted upthread shows a bottle labelled "bromine water" so seems like it is the ready diluted stuff.

No this is a different bottle, it says just bromine so it's bromine liquid

it fumes, you should have it in another airtight container, the lids can be corroded.
So who bought it didn't placed it properly to the chemical store,

We used to have an electric chemical storage cabinet, so I suppose it was originally located there,

So when they moved it they completely missed this

So when you open a bromine liquid bottle of 100 ml how many ml of bromine vapours will escape in about 2 minutes of use?

No this is a different bottle, it says just bromine so it's bromine liquid
So... you have dilute bromine and bromine liquid but your head of science says you don't have liquid, does a purple vapour come from the bromine liquid when you making bromine water then its bromine liquid this is why I prefer ampoules as you open them under water and no vapours, If you still feel worried about breathing it in get a mask and get your fume cupboard checked for safety concerns

So... you have dilute bromine and bromine liquid but your head of science says you don't have liquid, does a purple vapour come from the bromine liquid when you making bromine water then its bromine liquid this is why I prefer ampoules as you open them under water and no vapours, If you still feel worried about breathing it in get a mask and get your fume cupboard checked for safety concerns
Not purple, it's always orange