replacing belt on Philip Harris Van de Graaff

karen b

COMMITTEE
The belt snapped on our Van de Graaff generator. I bought a replacement belt and have even found a manual in the drawer with replacement instructions. But there is no diagram so I have been looking for more instructions before starting.

I have looked through various threads on here but none give specifics on belt replacement techniques. I also tried searching on Youtube, but the only video I could find was for a completely different design.

Has anyone replaced the belt on their PH Van de Graaff?

EDIT

The manual is not for this model of VDG which sort of explains why some of the instructions don’t make sense. I would still like to know if anyone has done this job

Last edited:
The belt snapped on our Van de Graaff generator. I bought a replacement belt and have even found a manual in the drawer with replacement instructions. But there is no diagram so I have been looking for more instructions before starting.

I have looked through various threads on here but none give specifics on belt replacement techniques. I also tried searching on Youtube, but the only video I could find was for a completely different design.

Has anyone replaced the belt on their PH Van de Graaff?
We did the hand cranked one once, you had to take it apart.