renewable energy

karen b

COMMITTEE
We have demonstration wind turbine, water turbine and some solar cells.

We also have a couple of different solar water heaters.

We have previously purchased dynamo squeezy type torches from a pound shop in addition to things similar to the above suggestions. Also useful for energy transfer practical also.

Hydrogen cell powered model car
Recently commandeered a couple of Hydrogen Fuel Cells from Chemistry which where languishing unused in a cupboard. Dusted them of and are now a welcomed addition to the old 'energy transfer circus' in Physics

We now have a fuel cell car. Not tried charging from the solar panel yet to make it truly renewable.
Ours do but you need a windowsill in full blazing sunlight to have a chance of recharging the same day.

funnily enough they don't work at all in the dark. :(

karen b

COMMITTEE
People mentioning fuel cells has reminded me that we have some weird kit that I think is a solar powered electrolysis kit, where you then use the hydrogen in a fuel cell. Never used it, I just found it in a tray last year.

Ours do but you need a windowsill in full blazing sunlight to have a chance of recharging the same day.

funnily enough they don't work at all in the dark. :(
I wonder if rechargable batteries in the battery pack would work. Not sure how fussy it is about voltages.