Removing Stearic Acid from Boiling tubes

Having seen the useful tips on how to remove wax, does any one have a good way of removing the last bits of stearic acid from a boiling tube, it is so insoluble even hot water and detergent does not work.

Having seen the useful tips on how to remove wax, does any one have a good way of removing the last bits of stearic acid from a boiling tube, it is so insoluble even hot water and detergent does not work.
I think that like a some others, we just keep the thermometers in the tube and store them complete.

Thank you for the replies, I ask as I am starting the packing up of the prep room and labs into crates now and the melting point of stearic acid practical's should be ended until next year so they are available for packing away soon into a moving crate. We move in April.
have been told that we are expected to start packing things now, as we have two weeks in April to pack move and unpack.

Thank you for the replies, I ask as I am starting the packing up of the prep room and labs into crates now and the melting point of stearic acid practical's should be ended until next year so they are available for packing away soon into a moving crate. We move in April.
have been told that we are expected to start packing things now, as we have two weeks in April to pack move and unpack.
They won't go bad or anything. If you don't desperately need the tubes, stick a bung in them and box them up. Far less headaches for you, saves you time that can be better spent elsewhere. It will come back around once you're moved, unpacked, and back to normal.