Reasons to be cheerful part 2

Not Science. My son works for a remote working school IT department. He often says " Can you hold a moment please?" to give himself time to scream/put head in hands.
He is WFH in living room, so I heard the exchange last week.
A school was calling about their computers not working & asked for an engineer to be sent out. Son said before we do that, lets go through a few things with you. After a bit he said, " nothing on screen at all? No light on power buttons.... anywhere?"
No, was the reply, but then we do have a power cut....:serious::oops:
He was speechless! These people are teaching children!:laughing:

Not Science. My son works for a remote working school IT department. He often says " Can you hold a moment please?" to give himself time to scream/put head in hands.
A school was calling about their computers not working & asked for an engineer to be sent out. Son said before we do that, lets go through a few things with you. After a bit he said, " nothing on screen at all? No light on power buttons.... anywhere?"

''Ah thats the problem then, you didn't start the Magic Generator before trying to turn them on'' lol

1603194601401.jpeg

would not happen here. :)

our phones are IP ones so wouldn't work.

Same here, but teachers quite often call him on their mobiles.
When he asks where they are calling from they often say " My car" or " Home" hehehe. He has to take deep breath & say, no, which school?!

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE

Oh I've heard soo many funny IT tech stories my ex was one and the amount of silly things he got, he even had to check with me how to Spell CLEAPSS and say it as someone was saying it wrong and had no idea whats wrong. Now I know too much about IT and try and explain the issue in the email as much as I can!

I am known to have built some school computers (not my place) and they were very impressed with me :D

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE

My ex once had a phone call at like 11.30pm to say something was on smoking/fire... my ex was 30 mins away?! What was he gonna do?! We were both rather angry and he was sorry (ex) that it had woken me up

Rocket club on Tuesday we went out to launch our paper rockets and the 3 yr7s were so excited! So innocent! WOW miss!! look how high miss! can we do it again miss!
When I tell my 6 year old daughter about my day she is always sooo excited to hear about the demos and experiments I do. I have started filming myself practicing the demos and showing her the videos we've made for our kids. She is so proud of her mummy. I know many of you struggle in your line of work but I have found my feet. I have a superb team and love coming to work xx

Very happy. Just received letter from principle all support staff to receive 3% pay rise same the teachers at our academy.
Should be an extra days leave as well if they are following the NJC. (This would change TTO calculations.)