Pondweed

Help please.

We are doing the pondweed practical and this is the first time it's being done in the department so we did not have pondweed.
The HOD has bought some but now, after the practical has been done, I don't know what to do with it.
How do I store it?
Can I reuse it or one it has gone into the carbonate solution it needs to be discarded after?
Should I buy a fish tank and keep it?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advanced.

Peter Sigsworth

COMMITTEE
Help please.

We are doing the pondweed practical and this is the first time it's being done in the department so we did not have pondweed.
The HOD has bought some but now, after the practical has been done, I don't know what to do with it.
How do I store it?
Can I reuse it or one it has gone into the carbonate solution it needs to be discarded after?
Should I buy a fish tank and keep it?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advanced.
Look at this thread
(Elodea and it's non invasive substitutes - supply issues | Preproom.org Community)

We keep ours, but we already had a tank available in the department. Ours keeps fairly well for a while, our tank is aerated but relies on natural light in the room as the bulb kept blowing.
I suppose you need to decide if the cost of a tank and accessories is worth it. If it reduces the hassle of sourcing pond weed every time it is requested, then it may be worthwhile. I certainly get several uses out of the bunches of Elodea that I buy.