Plastic, plastic and more plastic!

Anyone else getting fed up with suppliers wrapping so much plastic around nearly everything they supply?

Do microscope slides really need to be wrapped in 3 layers of plastic? I thought we were all supposed to be trying to reduce plastic waste!
Isn't it about time manufacturers started to reduce/replace packaging rather than simply leaving it to the consumer to take responsibility for it???

Rant over...

I feel a bit better now...

Sorry :mad:

Feel the same way. Last time I was in a big supermarket (morrisons, but others are available) the meat I bought was already wrapped, she wanted to put it in anplastic bag for me to put in my bag. I know it's raw, but honestly... Deliveries here are the same, large box, small item, masses of packing. And as for amazon!

karen b

COMMITTEE
I bought 20 Easy Read meters in the holidays and they came in a box with with 20 individually wrapped 9volt batteries

Feel the same way. Last time I was in a big supermarket (morrisons, but others are available) the meat I bought was already wrapped, she wanted to put it in anplastic bag for me to put in my bag. I know it's raw, but honestly... Deliveries here are the same, large box, small item, masses of packing. And as for amazon!
Drives me mad when the cashier tries to bag the two apples I bought and made sure they were together on the belt so as not to inconvenience her.

Reactions: kaj