Pearson changing login pages on 16th May

Peter Sigsworth

COMMITTEE
I don't know if any of you are involved in Pearson Active Learn - in their infinite wisdom they have picked the best possible time to change all user login pages - With all students currently on lockdown this will cause absolute mayhem. I have contacted them and got this response:
"Apologies for any inconvenience this will cause students/staff but unfortunately this cannot be delayed any further. Please note students will not have to reset their log in details, these will not change as a result of the update.

If students make a note of their log in details now they will just need to physically re enter those same details after the update

Kind regards,
Georgia
Pearson Customer Services "
I think the word inconvenience is an understatement - better get ready to bulk reset all student passwords.

I've been through and added their school emails now, as it is a red flag safeguarding issue if they put a personal one in.

Wont be as bad as when they changed the usernames.

Peter Sigsworth

COMMITTEE
I've been through and added their school emails now, as it is a red flag safeguarding issue if they put a personal one in.

Wont be as bad as when they changed the usernames.
I fail to see what this has to do with Pearson changing the login pages.
We don't have any student emails on the system as they are not required for them to use all parts - their logins have non-email usernames. They are contacted through the active learn platform, not email.

they are just changing the page layout, the students will have to remember their username and password and not on the browser filling it..