Oscilloscope Waveform keeps moving

Greetings to everyone,

The Oscilloscope's Waveform keeps moving from left to the right and the opposite,

Having watched some demonstrations it was always still,

What's happening and how do I deal with the issue?

Regards

Greetings to everyone,

The Oscilloscope's Waveform keeps moving from left to the right and the opposite,

Having watched some demonstrations it was always still,

What's happening and how do I deal with the issue?

Regards
twiddle the knobs until it stays still :laughing: (some more helpful person might be able to narrow down which knobs !)

Unfortunately we don't all have the same Oscillator
They all have the same basic controls - timebase and volts/div. Timebase refers to how much time the screen displays (e.g. 1ms/division) so if you know what input to expect you can estimate what timebase setting to start with. There are other fancy things like signal filtering, turning off the timebase, calibration modes etc that vary but if you can find a knob labelled volts/div and another labelled timebase you're probably sorted.

Well I didn't describe it well,

I have already twiddled all these and the waveform got stabilised,

Nevertheless it starts moving slowly from the left to the right then stops then starts again slowly moving to the left

Do you know what I am talking about?

Well I didn't describe it well,

I have already twiddled all these and the waveform got stabilised,

Nevertheless it starts moving slowly from the left to the right then stops then starts again slowly moving to the left

Do you know what I am talking about?
take a picture of the scope.

does it have a 'hold' knob?

A moving (drifting left/right image is usually down to Trigger adjustment)Try adjusting the Trigger level.
Make sure all the calibration knobs are fully clockwise or at their click stops.