Ofsted.......

couple of OFSTEDs back, I saw my old secondary Maths teacher in the car park..bit surprised..so I went to chat to her - I'm that sort of person...

"Oh, I don't teach any more.."
"Ah. I suppose all the interactive boards are too high these days - do you still have your step stool? Harharhar"
"Oh, trust you to remember that. No, I no longer teach, I'm here to do your OFSTED inspection."
"Oh..bugger..."
:pHe's bacically B******* off!

Shannon

Shannon
COMMITTEE
Wish we had one days notice, not the six month notice and 4 week reminder before inspectors visit.

Inspectors then only see what the heid bummers want them to see, unexpected drop-in visits would see things as they really are.

Its the new rule to allow schools not to become 'over prepared' (My mum was a chair gov of an middle school and I asked why it chnaged)

Been told that Ofsted never looks like a H&S audit but they could actually "interrogate" the technician in regards to theoretical aspects of the job (meaning of H&S and how to impart to kids and such things)

they have only spoken to me years ago when they did 5 day inspections and i was a temping...
Same here. Had a full one hour lesson talking to him about chemical storage (apparently that was what we fell down on last time) and qualifications for technicians - why didn't I have any!

A couple of years ago an inspector was talking to us during a preparation for OfSTED meeting about the new round of inspections for colleges and how they'd decided to go in for H&S that time as it falls into safeguarding, shutting down a couple of colleges as a result... For some reason, they've tended to generally avoid science here in the past, only coming in when they must. OfSTED too...

Same here. Had a full one hour lesson talking to him about chemical storage (apparently that was what we fell down on last time) and qualifications for technicians - why didn't I have any!
''experience? whats that? we expect all technicians to have at least PhD level qualification'' :p

At one school I was at whatever happened a particular teacher was always ill over inspection. Even the night before he would be told that unless he lost a limb overnight he needed to be present. And each subsequent day he was "ill". And similarly at a different school one teacher had a very poor attendance as he gave flying lessons in his plane! If he had a client he was "sick". He became known as "Mr Daisy". As some days he's in and some days he's not. Even further from Ofsted but drifting towards nick names, I joined a company where there was an attendance bonus. If you were in before the 8 oclock start and put in the hours you gained an extra £5 a week. Inevitably late the QC manager gained the name "Minty" as he always arrived "after eight". And again Jimmy Carr's classic nickname joke. Asks the audience if they have a nick name and then proceeds with "I've got a friend nicknamed "Shagger". --- Pretty cool eh?. ------ She, doesn't like it." (note the different numbers of pause dashes, as comedy is all about --- t - ti- timing.)

''experience? whats that? we expect all technicians to have at least PhD level qualification'' :p
I'd only been a tech for a year. The other tech I was working with largely ignored me ( it was 20 years ago). I'd been a shift chemist at British Steel and had Maths and Science A levels but he didn't think that counted. Soon after this, because he put it in the report, they sent me on the NVQ course. My son, with a smile, told me it stood for Not Very Quick!

Carol Taylor

Footsore
Our SLT are doing something called "deep dives" in every subject this week. It's to practice the new OFSTED version. Each department then has a meeting with SLT to discuss what they have/haven't seen across the subject and to be asked questions about the curriculum, literacy, interleaving etc.

Our SLT are doing something called "deep dives" in every subject this week. It's to practice the new OFSTED version. Each department then has a meeting with SLT to discuss what they have/haven't seen across the subject and to be asked questions about the curriculum, literacy, interleaving etc.
Been throughout that. Stresses everyone - a lot.