Ofsted.......

Just had a very urgent meeting at lunch - the Head has had THE PHONE CALL...! Ofsted tomorrow.... :(

Currently watching a lot of people running around like headless chickens.....o_O

Going to be a busy couple of days I think! :eek:

Just had a very urgent meeting at lunch - the Head has had THE PHONE CALL...! Ofsted tomorrow.... :(

Currently watching a lot of people running around like headless chickens.....o_O

Going to be a busy couple of days I think! :eek:
1 or 2 day?

Do chocolate biscuits count as bribery and corruption if offered to inspectors? The difference between Good and Outstanding perhaps....?

:D

Wish we had one days notice, not the six month notice and 4 week reminder before inspectors visit.

Inspectors then only see what the heid bummers want them to see, unexpected drop-in visits would see things as they really are.

Headless chickens? You sir need popcorn and to sit back and watch :D

Do ofsted ever come and talk to the techs?
Got biscuits and coffee.... will that do? :D It is quite entertaining though, as you can easily tell who is underprepared and who is normally on the ball.....

Apparently "they can if they choose to" according to HoD - about things like resourcing, H&S, etc - though this is my 4th Ofsted here and I've yet to see an inspector, let alone talk to one! (I think they keep me away from them for a reason...!) o_O

Apparently, for lessons at least, this inspection is in the form of 15-minute learning walks, and unlike all our previous visits no teachers will receive individual feedback regarding their lessons.... is this the new way? Seems a bit unfair to those who spent ages planning exciting and engaging lessons (!) to get no comment on their performance... :confused:

Seems a bit unfair to those who spent ages planning exciting and engaging lessons (!) to get no comment on their performance... :confused:

:mad: Just what they should be doing every day at work

Seems a bit unfair to those who spent ages planning exciting and engaging lessons (!) to get no comment on their performance... :confused:

:mad: Just what they should be doing every day at work
I've seen them give outstanding several times to lessons where the pupils are doing presentations while the teacher watched

couple of OFSTEDs back, I saw my old secondary Maths teacher in the car park..bit surprised..so I went to chat to her - I'm that sort of person...

"Oh, I don't teach any more.."
"Ah. I suppose all the interactive boards are too high these days - do you still have your step stool? Harharhar"
"Oh, trust you to remember that. No, I no longer teach, I'm here to do your OFSTED inspection."
"Oh..bugger..."