Sounds like the SAPS version, they work fine if you prep them for them.I have just set up an experimental version of this using the OCR set-up with a small jar, as I have been warned that it will be needed after Easter. I ordered in 2ml glass pipettes to use, as I thought this would provide better accuracy in measurements. I have had it successfully working for a couple of days, but I am concerned that the students are not going to see much movement in the space of time that they are observing. The old versions we used had capillary tubing which showed movement quite quickly. I am thinking that the 2ml pipette may be too much volume (although this is part of the OCR set-up). Perhaps when I can be bothered to go outside and search for a suitable tree, I may get a better response than I am currently seeing with a piece of geranium.
Put this together for you @jan.Really enjoy reading posts.
Struggling with PAG 5.3. Using a Potometer.
Any ideals how to make it work whilst keeping it
Yes, it is the OCR PAG 5.3 practical but they have got the SAPS logo on the page too so I guess they have adopted their set-up for it.
Did the same and made a set,added a few drops of food colouring to the water to make it easier to read on the plastic graduated pipettethey work well and are cheap, I made a set of them.
I use Laurel that grows at front of the school as they always want this in winter, so that is a limitation as it has waxy leaves, wrap the stem with some parafilm to get a good seal and insert through the bung using a cork borer, then trim the stem and assemble the jar and bung under water.
I use 1ml plastic pipettes.
Thanks for recommending these. Bought two last week from Rapid online, arrived the next day and used in class today.
You're welcome good to see that I could help you.Thanks for recommending these. Bought two last week from Rapid online, arrived the next day and used in class today.
They are great - so easy to set up and use.
The ones I have replaced were a complete nightmare to set up!