Nicola from Yorkshire!

Hello,

I'm Nicola, a new technician who started in September. I finally decided to register an account after finding this site very helpful. I am a lone tech in a small secondary school; 6 teachers (one of those part time tues weds), 3 labs and 3 classrooms. Really enjoying it so far, everyone in the department is lovely.

I hope to become more involved and I am looking forward to more good tips. :p

Hi Nicola! I recently (December) started a temp contract as Tech at a school in Hatfield, so not far from you. Also solo, though we have something like 7 actual prep rooms and a few dumping grounds (I'm trying to only use three prep rooms, as much as I can). Still figuring out the job, myself! How are you finding it?

Hi Nicola! I recently (December) started a temp contract as Tech at a school in Hatfield, so not far from you. Also solo, though we have something like 7 actual prep rooms and a few dumping grounds (I'm trying to only use three prep rooms, as much as I can). Still figuring out the job, myself! How are you finding it?
Wow 7 preprooms?! I have 1 small preproom and a broom cupboard. Enjoying the job, still have a lot to learn though!

Wow 7 preprooms?! I have 1 small preproom and a broom cupboard. Enjoying the job, still have a lot to learn though!
You're telling me. The main jobs are easy enough; prep for practicals. But when someone came in and asked if I'd been watering the geraniums... err...