New Techie in Wales

Hi, I have just graduated and landed myself a role as the senior science tech for yr7-yr13. I am working solo in the position with no handover, overseeing 4 departments, so any advice would very much be appreciated.
I am going to find this forum really helpful as I try to find my feet for sure!

Hi Shan, whereabouts in Wales are you, or is that where by to are you? I'm at St. Donats on the coast between Barry and Bridgend. Feel free to ask away, there's a lot of knowledge on this forum.

Hi Shan, whereabouts in Wales are you, or is that where by to are you? I'm at St. Donats on the coast between Barry and Bridgend. Feel free to ask away, there's a lot of knowledge on this forum.

I'm in Brecon, I'm been trying to find a local network and settled with joining the South Wales one. This forum seems like a great resource so I'm sure it will help lots :)

I love Brecon, gorgeous place:). I'd normally have a day there at the Physics conference in October (followed by a pint) but of course it's only online this year.

I love Brecon, gorgeous place:). I'd normally have a day there at the Physics conference in October (followed by a pint) but of course it's only online this year.

I've been handed a flier or two for the conference, have they announced when the tech workshops will be? I'm a biochemist so I think these physics workshops will definitely help my physics knowledge!
I'm loving the area, I moved here for the position and really loving the slower pace of life.

I've been handed a flier or two for the conference, have they announced when the tech workshops will be? I'm a biochemist so I think these physics workshops will definitely help my physics knowledge!
I'm loving the area, I moved here for the position and really loving the slower pace of life.
Sorry Shan, because I'm working on assessed practicals that week I haven't been following the details. Cerian Angharad at the institute of physics Wales is the organiser, she may be able to help.