Mill Hill County High School – Part time Science technician – closing date 12pm 1st November

Salary Scale – SCP 3 - 4 (£12,955 - £13,190)

26 hours per week

Term Time Only

We are looking to appoint a School Science Technician, required as soon as possible to work in KS3, KS4 and KS5 general science with shared responsibility for the servicing and safety of 6 out of 13 laboratories. Previous school experience and a scientific background would be an advantage.

Please email the completed application form directly to leonarda@mhchs.org.uk.

Attachments

• Oct2021ScienceTechnicianJD_08B3.docx
    89.9 KB · Views: 30
  • SupportStaffApptForm2021_0D12.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 4
What I get from this is you need a science degree, you have 25 teaching hours a week so we are not even giving you enough time to do your job, let alone all the extra stuff and we are going to pay peanuts. I don't see many people clambering for this job to be honest, it will be interesting to see how many apply.

You might hire a technician on a 26hr contract but you won't keep them. It won't take them long to realise their mistake of accepting this position.

is that the pro rata salary shown, which works out to be about £13 per hour worked? The pro rata thing confuses me because sometimes jobs are advertised showing it and other times you have to work it out. Wages seem to vary from minimum wage to £13-£14 per hour. I dont mind doing the job for approx £13 per hour because of the variety of skills/expertise needed (especially when a school asks for a BSc) but any less takes the p#@+

is that the pro rata salary shown, which works out to be about £13 per hour worked? The pro rata thing confuses me because sometimes jobs are advertised showing it and other times you have to work it out. Wages seem to vary from minimum wage to £13-£14 per hour. I dont mind doing the job for approx £13 per hour because of the variety of skills/expertise needed (especially when a school asks for a BSc) but any less takes the p#@+
It is £11.50 for the lowest amount, 12,955/ 43.3 (number of weeks paid prorata TTO) / 26 number of hours

It is £11.50 for the lowest amount, 12,955/ 43.3 (number of weeks paid prorata TTO) / 26 number of hours
Thanks, I've been in my current position for almost 20 years and looking to relocate so I'm just looking at what's out there and the salaries. So the extra 4.3 is for the paid holidays. I was just dividing by 39 weeks. If salary is advertised at full time rate is is divided by 52.14 and 40 for hourly rate usually?

Thanks, I've been in my current position for almost 20 years and looking to relocate so I'm just looking at what's out there and the salaries. So the extra 4.3 is for the paid holidays. I was just dividing by 39 weeks. If salary is advertised at full time rate is is divided by 52.14 and 40 for hourly rate usually?
usually though some companies have full time as anything between 35 to 40 when I was in industry my contract was 37 hours p w

This is the actual salary for 39 working weeks for 26 hours a week (30 min unpaid lunch is extra so making it 28.5/week).
Also there are 4 more technicians to look after all 13 Labs.

This is the actual salary for 39 working weeks for 26 hours a week (30 min unpaid lunch is extra so making it 28.5/week).
Also there are 4 more technicians to look after all 13 Labs.
Pro rata salary has to be worked out with holiday pay that is accrued that is the law it is 43.3 weeks or the salary is wrong