Microbiology slopes

Hi
I was making some sub cultures on slopes.
I uses the usual nutrient agar method but there was a lot of moisture and when the agar solidified it was very wet and the water has made the slope not attached to the glass container.
How can l reduce the water vapour?
I couldn't find a detailed method of preparing a nutrient agar slope.

Hi
I was making some sub cultures on slopes.
I uses the usual nutrient agar method but there was a lot of moisture and when the agar solidified it was very wet and the water has made the slope not attached to the glass container.
How can l reduce the water vapour?
I couldn't find a detailed method of preparing a nutrient agar slope.
allow the agar to sufficiently cool before pouring

(combined with an unofficial quick flick of the wrist to remove any excess water once poured and set)

I add some plain agar (probably an extra 0.5g ish per 100ml, but I don't actually measure it) to make the gel more solid for slopes, otherwise I always find they are too wobbly and move around inside the jar.

I add some plain agar (probably an extra 0.5g ish per 100ml, but I don't actually measure it) to make the gel more solid for slopes, otherwise I always find they are too wobbly and move around inside the jar.
Yup, I sometimes do this for classes that I KNOW are going to just dig inoculating loop into agar & turn it to mush, too. Makes a slightly more solid agar, doesn't affect results.

Hi guys
Manifique as usual.
I will try the extra agar agar routine.
My school doesn't sub to Cleapss unfortunately~ and thanks again.
I will have a go. I will feedback also.
My work experience pupil can assist and tick off his boxes.
With thanks
Bruce

and for any plates they are streaking on as well.

I like this idea! We have a basic bio class that makes a couple of cultures from pond water, and they are rarely gentle with the plates, and have little to no experience with them. I'm going to use this for that very reason!