Metal Salts (of flame tests) disposal

Do you find the bottles get blocked quickly? We've had to stop doing it this way as we would clear them each time and within a few minutes of having solution in, they would be clogged and not spray properly. We were using old spray bottles eg of muiltipurpose cleaner so maybe need to invest in some better bottles
I think the springs inside rust, I have some small atomisers I got for this.

+1 to soaked splints. No contamination, better colour purity, less cleaning, less chemical waste, less time.
For GCSE and A-level we have to do the traditional method using loops as they do get examined on that, but I always encourage teachers to do that as a demo and the practical using splints.
We follow as mentioned by Emil Retaw and never looked back. Perfect every time, minimum wastage and contamination. I give out each solution in a labelled boiling tube with splints dipped in the solution. Disposal codes are on GL120.

We follow as mentioned by Emil Retaw and never looked back. Perfect every time, minimum wastage and contamination. I give out each solution in a labelled boiling tube with splints dipped in the solution. Disposal codes are on GL120.
The RSC analyst competition is using soaked splints, if it's good enough for them...