Making a cell

Hi does any one has instructions how to make solution for the practical attached below . Thanks

Attachments

• C2 Bonding and Properties.docx
    12.9 KB · Views: 53
Thank you. the trouble is I receive the request for these practical's on lab logger which just tells the quantity but doesn't specify details and teachers don't know as well.

tbh if they don't know what they want, they get what I have on the shelf and like it, especially this time of year! ;-)

I'd be inclined to go for 0.1M Copper sulphate and probably around 0.5M Sodium chloride (aka table salt solution!) for that one.

Reactions: A.T

karen b

COMMITTEE
Thank you. the trouble is I receive the request for these practical's on lab logger which just tells the quantity but doesn't specify details and teachers don't know as well.

You need to be able to edit the templates or insist that all the information is provided

Ask for the worksheet they are giving the students, they can attach it to lablogger.

If they are making it up themselves then they need to have a risk assessment as they can't rely on a publishers checked one.

karen b

COMMITTEE
Ok will do that. New and lone tech so don't have much experience what to ask for. Thank you

Don’t be afraid to ask the teachers what they require.

Also is there any folders of schemes of work around the prep room? The C2 label sounds like the old system of identifying practicals we used here. (May still be current, we have changed exam board at least once since I started)

Also is there any folders of schemes of work around the prep room? The C2 label sounds like the old system of identifying practicals we used here. (May still be current, we have changed exam board at least once since I started)
Yes C1 C2 C3 etc was the previous gcse.

I didn't find any folder of scheme of work or list of practicals except for the A level PAGS when started but making my own folder now.

karen b

COMMITTEE
I didn't find any folder of scheme of work or list of practicals except for the A level PAGS when started but making my own folder now.
Is there a friendly chemistry teacher who can help? One of them (possibly the head of dept, but not necessarily) will know what concentrations they are expecting for each experiment.

Interesting experiment about covalent bonding! If all that is required is to measure voltages when two different electrodes are immersed in an electrolyte provide as weaker solution as possible especially if you are dunking in magnesium, solution concentrations always matter in terms of safety for all concerned.

Interesting experiment about covalent bonding! If all that is required is to measure voltages when two different electrodes are immersed in an electrolyte provide as weaker solution as possible especially if you are dunking in magnesium, solution concentrations always matter in terms of safety for all concerned.
Should I go for 0.5 M or 0.1 M Copper Sulphate then?