Leaking Delivery

So just received a delivery and its clear when I've started unpacking that one of the items has leaked. Luckily it's only 2M sulfuric, but whats the protocol here?
Call the company and let them know? Let my finance department deal with it?

clairelucas

COMMITTEE
Broken in transit (usually for glassware) is usually handled by our office for replacement. Or did you mean the clear up and/or letting the suppliers/couriers know they might have a chemical transport problem?

Broken in transit (usually for glassware) is usually handled by our office for replacement. Or did you mean the clear up and/or letting the suppliers/couriers know they might have a chemical transport problem?
Letting them know, I didn't know if it needed to be reporting to someone other the company which I have done. The wheels are in motion now.

IMO theres no such thing as 'only' when it comes to a chemical leak. No matter what it is, if the packaging isn't up to snuff and the items arrive damaged or leaking, its on the company to deal with it whether it be replace or refund.

We had a delivery that looked like it had been kicked around the country a few times, big walloping dent in the side of it, and was leaking what looked like curry powder all over the floor.

Opened to find the chemicals had all been bust open and there was literally only a handful of packing peanuts in the box, so everything was free to shake and rattle around. Certainly the biff wasn't the senders fault, however the fact that it was so laughably packed definitely IS! If it was adequately wrapped it would have been reasonably protected from the impacts.

Letting them know, I didn't know if it needed to be reporting to someone other the company which I have done. The wheels are in motion now.
I wish I knew who else to report it to as well because technically if the stuff is spilt/leaked/whatever due to inadequate packaging then its against HSE guidance (at least in NI) and the suppliers are liable for the danger.

I'd let your finance dept know, they can sort out a replacement
The company you ordered from needs to know to as they will be the ones who deal with delivery/courier and they should be told there is a potential transport hazard.
inform your H&S person too, in fact let everyone know, cover your own back
This is a serious issue, 2M acid is quite strong and can be very corrosive and harmful to health. You don't know what else it was transported with either.

photos sent to the company and they are going to chase it with the relevant people.

luckily it wasnt much.